U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:05 AM

48 posts, read 85,903 times

Advertisements

I would advise anyone and everyone to stay away from Westmark Credit Union (formerly Atomic Workers CU). I am currently cutting ties with them after being a member for more than 35 years. They tried to wrongly deny me access to one of my accounts for months and wouldn't explain why. I finally had to get my lawyer involved. Once during the process of my trying to find out what was going on, one of their branch managers walked into the middle of a conversation they knew nothing about and started scolding me. They don't give a hoot about their members.

I second what banjomike says about Bank of Idaho. Once I convinced Westmark to give me my money I opened an account at Bank of Idaho. In addition to great rates, their customer service is unbeatable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 12:09 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,128,337 times
Default Target and EICU Debit Cards

Given Target's recent security issues, did you see this about EICU canceling Debit Cards of some members?

East Idaho Credit Union cancels cards after Target security breach | Latest News - Home

MSR

Old 12-21-2013, 03:24 PM

Default MACU and The Bank of Commerce

I'm glad to see Mountain America Credit Union becoming more established in Idaho Falls and ID. I'm not a member but have multiple friends who use them in AZ, NV and UT. None would change to anyone else. I also know a few employees and they've been happy.

As for banks, The Bank of Commerce started in Idaho Falls. My family has always been happy with the service and business options, along with personal relationships that have continued to the next generation (or generations). I use a different bank strictly due to the states/locations it serves.

The Bank of Commerce has grown greatly and has offices in most east ID communities from Pocatello to Ashton.

MSR

Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,239,247 times
I am sorry i have not signed into the Idaho Falls forum and introduced myself. But i was reading old threads about SE Idaho for possible relocation after retirement for information. I was looking for banking information when this thread was Revitalized from July of this last year today. About East Idaho Credit Union. I found the following statement as who can join. It states the following:

*East Idaho Credit Union has both a community charter, for Lemhi and Clark counties, as well as an occupational based charter. The occupational categories include employees of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries; Construction; Manufacturing; Transportation; Communications & other Public Utilities; Wholesale Trade; Retail; Finance, Insurance & Real Estate Services; Public Administration, Government Law, Justice and Security.

Membership is open to all employees of the above groups who reside in, work in, are headquartered in or are paid from the Idaho counties of Bonneville, Butte, Custer, Lemhi, Clark, Fremont, Madison, Teton, and Jefferson and within a 25 mile radius of the City of Shelley. Family members of eligible members of East Idaho Credit Union and persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above occupational categories are also eligible.

Membership is based on employment or a family member's qualification. Family members must be a blood relative, which includes a parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt/uncle, niece/nephew, cousin or child*

So my question is would retired Military or Federal worker qualify, like in my case. I will post my relocation intentions in a new post shortly.
Thank you for your Response,
Scott

Last edited by ScottStielow; 12-21-2013 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: Added information

Old 12-21-2013, 11:56 PM

Default EICU Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
I am sorry i have not signed into the Idaho Falls forum and introduced myself. But i was reading old threads about SE Idaho for possible relocation after retirement for information. I was looking for banking information when this thread was Revitalized from July of this last year today. About East Idaho Credit Union. I found the following statement as who can join. It states the following:

*East Idaho Credit Union has both a community charter, for Lemhi and Clark counties, as well as an occupational based charter. The occupational categories include employees of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries; Construction; Manufacturing; Transportation; Communications & other Public Utilities; Wholesale Trade; Retail; Finance, Insurance & Real Estate Services; Public Administration, Government Law, Justice and Security.

Membership is open to all employees of the above groups who reside in, work in, are headquartered in or are paid from the Idaho counties of Bonneville, Butte, Custer, Lemhi, Clark, Fremont, Madison, Teton, and Jefferson and within a 25 mile radius of the City of Shelley. Family members of eligible members of East Idaho Credit Union and persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above occupational categories are also eligible.

Membership is based on employment or a family member's qualification. Family members must be a blood relative, which includes a parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt/uncle, niece/nephew, cousin or child*

So my question is would retired Military or Federal worker qualify, like in my case. I will post my relocation intentions in a new post shortly.
Thank you for your Response,
Scott
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the Idaho Falls forum and this thread. There are some who post here who use this credit union - it certainly seems to be growing. As I quickly skimmed the various ways one could join, it would seem to me your military service would qualify for the first part. But, I honestly think only EICU could answer. There are several others if this one somehow doesn't"t work for you. If you plan to live in Bonneville County, or within 25 miles, it seems like you've met the second qualification.

You could always email or call them so you are certain, if no one here can offer more.

Good luck with all those details of moving. Let us know how we can help.

Merry Christmas!

MSR

Old 12-22-2013, 09:54 AM

2,086 posts, read 2,239,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the Idaho Falls forum and this thread. There are some who post here who use this credit union - it certainly seems to be growing. As I quickly skimmed the various ways one could join, it would seem to me your military service would qualify for the first part. But, I honestly think only EICU could answer. There are several others if this one somehow doesn't"t work for you. If you plan to live in Bonneville County, or within 25 miles, it seems like you've met the second qualification.

You could always email or call them so you are certain, if no one here can offer more.

Good luck with all those details of moving. Let us know how we can help.

Merry Christmas!

MSR
Thank you for the information, and greeting MSR. I will either email or call them to be sure. There is also a EICU branch in Salmon
Lemhi county, which is one of the areas i am interested in. Along with Steele Memorial Medical center for medical information.
Scott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or