U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:58 PM

3,970 posts, read 11,791,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The kind of "odd" interesting thing to me about that sign shop in KIDK's former building with their own sign. The pole with their business sign still has the shell of KIDK's old sign. What kind of message does that send to potential clients? It also appears to me this sign company is doing some auto "signs" AKA detailing.

I'll be the first to say between the location, their presentation of their own business sign etc. I'm confused by the business. Perhaps that is a temporary location until different space is ready or other.

KPVI - where to start? Best for me to not to make a comment.

MSR
MSR, I understand you not wanting to comment on KPVI. But I will.

KPVI, to their credit tries hard, but the writing was on the wall when Brenda Baumgartner departed and they didn't replace her. IMO, their product is so far behind KIFI and KIDK, it isn't even funny. They look like something out of 1987, and beyond a couple of good on-set anchor, sportscaster, and weather guy, they are #3 in my mind. I will say this again, perhaps in a more polite way. Now is the opportunity for KPVI to upgrade their product. I just don't think their owners really care about that. "Just keep the margins" is probably what they are thinking, IMO. And don't depend on NBC to bail them out, NBC is STILL struggling in the network ratings, currently at #3 behind CBS and Fox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,114,710 times
Were some students/faculty/staff frustrated and just moving dirt at EITC? Or is there some reason, other than repairs or maintenance, large equipment was in newly dug dirt on the north side?

Thanks,

MSR

Old 08-05-2013, 07:39 PM

13,215 posts, read 17,883,318 times
Yes, it's true that 'taters grow in the dirt.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 PM

Here is more on Fisher's spinoff of KIDK.

NPG welcomes two more Idaho Falls stations | News-Press & Gazette Company

Hmm. Sounds like npgco is buying KIDK, under a different LCC. If that is the case, then probably no major changes.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:36 PM

21,232 posts, read 14,251,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Here is more on Fisher's spinoff of KIDK.

NPG welcomes two more Idaho Falls stations | News-Press & Gazette Company

Hmm. Sounds like npgco is buying KIDK, under a different LCC. If that is the case, then probably no major changes.
I wouldn't expect to see any changes until 2014 at the soonest, but you never know. If NPG has been doing their homework, they could come in with a major revamp quickly.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I wouldn't expect to see any changes until 2014 at the soonest, but you never know. If NPG has been doing their homework, they could come in with a major revamp quickly.
Is there enough room at the N. Yellowstone location? It seems like another studio would help.

MSR

Old 08-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Is there enough room at the N. Yellowstone location? It seems like another studio would help.

MSR
Not sure they need extra studio space. Few know this, but KIDK and KIFI use the same set. They simply change the background.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Not sure they need extra studio space. Few know this, but KIDK and KIFI use the same set. They simply change the background.
That I did know. But KIDK had to give up some newscasts b/c there wasn't studio available. If they ramp 3 back to what it use to be, it would seem an additional studio would help unless they just add more over-the-air programming.

is there a limit of how many sub-channels a regular broadcast channel can have?

Any thoughts about the UPN network if it still exists?

MSR

Old 08-09-2013, 09:57 PM

The remodeled Hua's on 17th will become a sandwich shop, not sure of the name but it starts with "R". The remodel looks good, but I wonder about the concept and the access at that impossible intersection of Woodruff and 17th. I'm not sure, but I think this intersection is the busiest in IF, but 17th and Hitt would probably contend for that title.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:02 AM

4,654 posts, read 15,736,347 times
Quote:
The remodeled Hua's on 17th will become a sandwich shop, not sure of the name but it starts with "R". The remodel looks good, but I wonder about the concept and the access at that impossible intersection of Woodruff and 17th. I'm not sure, but I think this intersection is the busiest in IF, but 17th and Hitt would probably contend for that title.
Is it a national chain? First thing that pops into my mind is Runza???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls