Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Dang! I do love life here in Idaho Falls!
I woke up this morning to drizzling rain and didn't except much out of this day, but around 11 am, a good friend called and asked me to come over. My birthday is coming up in a week, and my friend won't be around. So I got a wonderful early birthday present, a long term loan of a perfectly swell guitar that wasn't getting much use. The loan's term is generous- as long as I take care of it, I can keep it for the next 30 years before I have to give it back. The yearly payment on the loan is even better- I have to pay the owner by playing one song on it on every birthday! (I already have next year's tune figured out.)
What a great way to spend a morning. After I returned home and finally put the guitar down, I had to go buy a new coffeemaker. My trusty Bunn brewed its last pot last night, and I usually go through 2-3 pots a day. I'm so caffeinated that when I die, they're just gonna have to let me walk it off before they put me to rest.

So, since I got a good deal on the Bunn at Shopko, I went back for another. And dang- got a good deal again. While I was there, I realized I needed another eye appointment with the doctor whose office is in their optical dept., so I dropped in, and the nice lady who works the front remembered me by name. She took all my insurance info, and I learned I could get a buy one, get one free deal on some new glasses. Another good deal, and a very pleasant experience.

Along the way, I ran into a couple of acquaintances, and had some good visits to catch up. I always love a good chat, and we all seem to have plenty of time for that wherever we happen to be.

Ate dinner at Gator Joe's, a joint new to me, and the jumbalaya was most excellent and generous. I'll have the rest of it tomorrow. And when I returned home again, a couple of other friends called, just to gab a little.

Life is good here. I wouldn't live anywhere else, even if they paid me.

Remember the little good times folks. They're the stuff that makes for contentment.
Sounds like life is treating you pretty darn good!!! Hope you have a happy birthday!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 12:36 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Dang! I do love life here in Idaho Falls!
I woke up this morning to drizzling rain and didn't except much out of this day, but around 11 am, a good friend called and asked me to come over. My birthday is coming up in a week, and my friend won't be around. So I got a wonderful early birthday present, a long term loan of a perfectly swell guitar that wasn't getting much use. The loan's term is generous- as long as I take care of it, I can keep it for the next 30 years before I have to give it back. The yearly payment on the loan is even better- I have to pay the owner by playing one song on it on every birthday! (I already have next year's tune figured out.)
What a great way to spend a morning. After I returned home and finally put the guitar down, I had to go buy a new coffeemaker. My trusty Bunn brewed its last pot last night, and I usually go through 2-3 pots a day. I'm so caffeinated that when I die, they're just gonna have to let me walk it off before they put me to rest.

So, since I got a good deal on the Bunn at Shopko, I went back for another. And dang- got a good deal again. While I was there, I realized I needed another eye appointment with the doctor whose office is in their optical dept., so I dropped in, and the nice lady who works the front remembered me by name. She took all my insurance info, and I learned I could get a buy one, get one free deal on some new glasses. Another good deal, and a very pleasant experience.

Along the way, I ran into a couple of acquaintances, and had some good visits to catch up. I always love a good chat, and we all seem to have plenty of time for that wherever we happen to be.

Ate dinner at Gator Joe's, a joint new to me, and the jumbalaya was most excellent and generous. I'll have the rest of it tomorrow. And when I returned home again, a couple of other friends called, just to gab a little.

Life is good here. I wouldn't live anywhere else, even if they paid me.

Remember the little good times folks. They're the stuff that makes for contentment.
A early Happy Birthday Mike. Those last two Sentences should go on some Idaho Travel and Tourism Guide
advertisement for Idaho. Well said!!

Old 06-05-2015, 04:19 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
I hope BanjoMike had a happy birthday

Old 06-08-2015, 09:59 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I hope BanjoMike had a happy birthday
I did! Thanks, MSR.
I was my mother's birthday present. Her birthday is the day after mine, so for years, we have had a joint celebration to simplify things. She turned 90 this year, so we had a ton of friends show up, and it was grand. If we knew we were gonna stick around this long, we would have taken better care of ourselves!

Old 09-27-2015, 10:52 PM

I finally had to log in to post about my Utes beating the Ducks, at Autzen last night. A few highlights if you didn't see:

https://youtu.be/a408PXCoAoQ

Very funny to me that today the Seahawks ran the same return play. The commentators mentioned it too. Some very cool highlights

Then I looked at my PMS and messages. Wow....I'm not sure, I might have gotten propositioned in a non-Idaho rep point and message I wish the author would have signed it so I could know who suggested that I'll have to pass. It's not my thing

Old 10-04-2015, 09:10 PM

19 posts, read 25,349 times
Oh yeah, my moving van is on its way! Thanks to everyone who contributes to these boards , I'm flying in this week, getting a look around to narrow down, all I know right now is it will be somewhere between the outskirts of Twin Falls , and Idaho Falls, it's all wide open..... Just looking for a couple of acres , my critters and my husband.......still open for all ideas, secret spots , eating faves....everything ! Can't wait to be there .

Old 10-05-2015, 04:32 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliekb View Post
Oh yeah, my moving van is on its way! Thanks to everyone who contributes to these boards , I'm flying in this week, getting a look around to narrow down, all I know right now is it will be somewhere between the outskirts of Twin Falls , and Idaho Falls, it's all wide open..... Just looking for a couple of acres , my critters and my husband.......still open for all ideas, secret spots , eating faves....everything ! Can't wait to be there .
Congratulations Kelliekb, I'm going to bet you're just a tad excited? Welcome!!

Old 10-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliekb View Post
Welcome, Kellie. Congrats on your progress. It will be good to have some others post here.

So you are still looking at properties, did I understand you correctly? Let us know if we can help.

MSR

Old 10-14-2015, 01:34 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,013,044 times
Is the Grangeville area or just a few miles south of that town a good area to live?
What can I expect? Living in the town of Grangeville looks too crowded but just a few miles out looks like more space and privacy.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:12 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Is the Grangeville area or just a few miles south of that town a good area to live?
What can I expect? Living in the town of Grangeville looks too crowded but just a few miles out looks like more space and privacy.
You need to post this on the Idaho forum, not the Idaho Falls forum. Grangeville is about 480 miles north of here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls