Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 09:58 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngleDoesn'tSuck View Post
Ditto on Handel and his "marginal legal advice".

Any good local guys in IF?
Over here we've got Kevin Miller on KIDO in the morning from 5-9am.
Doesn't get any better than him for a local show.
pw72 would know best when he's here again. He's lead a change for a new type of station type here.

msr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 PM

Default For Food Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Great to see some AM fans here. It really is a dying medium, but still exists, and count me in as one who scans the AM dial whenever I am on the road. Yes, a lot of shows are the same from market to market, but occasionally you come across something that isn't heard in your particular home market. I particularly like "Handel On The Law", which can be heard weekends on 670 KBOI and Sundays on KVNU Logan at 610. Handels dry wit is hilarious!

For fans of music not heard on the radio much, you can always catch some classic country or deep classic (50's/60's) pop/middle of the road/Beautiful music, however you label it. Though sometimes hard to catch. Eat it up radio fans, I think we are at the end of this AM cycle.

As to an above post about Wells Fargo and Dump Hunger, the Wells Fargo in question is located inside Smiths. Another major sponsor was Albertsons. No excuse, no explanation, but just a fact check for those who care.
The Food Dump is a different thread, as you know, pw72. You probably wanted to give the effort attention in this thread too. Good for you I happen to know major sacrifices you made, pw72, about two - three weeks ago. You led by example.

Yes, there is a branch office of Wells Fargo in Smith's. I've already written about going into a branch last week, a free standing branch.

Sorry to digress from radio and The Arrow for a minute.

When I checked both this week and last, SMITHS, a Kroger brand name store, was collecting food for pets and HUMANS, despite not being part of the Food Dump. Smith's has containers for food in the entrance after one is heading Into the store (beyond the shopping carts).

msr

Old 03-01-2014, 10:09 PM

Thanks for all the fun songs, PW, for OUR

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jg8jf9oTjw

Aerosmith, or should that be "Arrowsmith" was a surprise.

Still waiting to hear someone talk like this, on the air:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myZ_Dqwfd-8

Thanks for some fun songs (I noticed Donny Osmond is in there too)

And SHA today - Sweet

msr

Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 PM

Smile Great Job!!!!

PW, You've done a GREAT JOB this week. You've certainly had challenge after challenge since around Christmas. You've been impressive (bows).

Let's put one discussion on hold, for.a couple of weeks, please...... I said I'd leave you an open post. I think we're both too exhausted for that one for similar and different reasons. If you want it sooner, please let me know.

You impressed me again today. I have to think of the right word to represent some of the things you've taught me. I know there is more to learn but thank you for doing what you did probably 14- 15 hrs. ago.

I'm learning few symbols come out correctly in the APP. My comment was simply meant to be maybe there are second chances. What I meant is we all can grow from any situation and maybe with a different person and/or circumstances, maybe there really can be a Chapter Two.

msr

Old 03-06-2014, 10:04 PM

Default Liking the New Songs Rotated In

PW, It was kind of a surprise to see two Cindy Lauper songs this a.m. back to back I'm liking the additions.

What's the status with 3 Dog Night and https://www.youtube.com/embed/R8bXs9Er3iw?autoplay=1. ?

And if you are rotating 80s, can a couple different Pat Benatar's please by considered, or are they too AC and/or Rock?

They are great songs.

Fire and Ice:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxgcu0d2WOM

Shadows of the Night:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFoSLgtGv8
Power ballads, I know. So many overlap with various stations.

I heard Heart and Alone on a similar-themed station, but it may not fit herè.

And since I've already entered this discussion, HELP :thinking:

I was taught Glam Rock started with Van Halen in tbe 80s. Yet, checking Sir Elton John for something, tbe British basically had "Glam Bands" in the 70s. I'm not sure they mean the same thing. Your thoughts please.......

In honor of Sir Elton.....a couple you might llike.....yes YOU, not just us.

I think you'll know them
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_T2Dxgn-lls

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=grc2rYZOWc8.

Thanks, PW

msr

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 03-06-2014 at 10:13 PM..

Old 03-07-2014, 03:02 AM

Default Man in Motion

PW,

It was nice to hear Man in Motion (St. Elmo's Fire) as I was posting about Albertsons and Safeway.

BTW, I heard Cuts Like a Knife by Bryan Adams sometime this week. Will there be others by him? I heard something when driving that I haven't heard in years. Too tired to remember what - maybe Straight From The Heart. But I can't remember for sure. Sorry - I'm about as much help as a paper towel dripping with excess fluid (not helpful).

Thanks........msr

Old 03-08-2014, 07:01 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
Glam rock included David Bowie, if I may add. Then he started wearing suits.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:20 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
Thanks Mtn. States Resident. I love "Shadows of the Night".

Old 03-10-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
Thanks Mtn. States Resident. I love "Shadows of the Night".
Thanks, Rangerdude_Charlie. I do too. I don't know how you found this thread but I'm glad you did. Around here probably The Rock 94.9 would be most likely to play that.

It was just played on the net and app on this station out of state: 103.5 The Arrow - Playlist.

Here's another great Benatar song for your superb taste "We Belong"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xNT8XkVoOKE

Thanks again and I am wondering if we know someone in common or how you found the thread? Regardless of how you found the thread, it was really nice to read your comment

MSR

Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Glam rock included David Bowie, if I may add. Then he started wearing suits.
TY, PW. However, I'm not sure you answered my question. Maybe I need something more basic...

Could it be the UK started the term in the 70s to include more than rock? That can't be I just thought of a trio of Americans living in the U.K. at the time who are not considered Glam. You know who I mean...one was a "poor correspondent, "

In the 80s, regardless of the term used, with Van Halen always being cited as the "pretty boys of L.A. (America)," thus the first Glam Rock band, Glam in the U.S. really was one of the ROCK eras, no other genre?

Have you ever seen the Documentary about the Seven Stages of Rock? There are actually two I'm aware of; however, I mean the one done by Sam Dunn, Bangor Films or Productions, from Canada. In his documentary he looks at various types of rock and metal.

Thoughts of what isn't connecting in my brain about the decade and pond apart of when the terms were used in each country.

And technically, while in L.A., the Van Halens were not born in the U.S., though I believe they became citizens.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll check out more about Bowie before I comment on him, except he seems not to age

msr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls