Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times

Advertisements

Okay, I will admit to confusion about the recall ratings time frame for radio stations. I saw even more ads, billboards and other for some stations the last 24 hrs. It feels like a run off race for some stations.

Was there a delay getting started or about when will we know about the ratings for our favorite stations?

I vote for the Arrow and My-fm.

msr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 11:32 PM

Question Weekend Weather on NPG?

I looked and could not find the media thread. So I'll tack my question on here.

Is the new female weather person on weekends, Brenda Baumgardner Stanley's daughter? I don't know if she has her meterology certification or not. I thought Brenda's daughter wormed at KPVI, starting when Brenda was still there. Her name was/is something like Brandi Erickson.

And KIFI has a new daytime certified meterologist. He got his certification while still in college, unlike most who report, forecast and then get their certification. With this new person, I'm wondering if Brandi Is opting to work weekends only?

Mike, you and others usually know about these things. What do you think about the weekends only or could she be getting ready to take the reigns from Michael Coats?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:08 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I'm not use to watching TV much. Is it a normal thing for various radio stations to be advertising on tv? Is it a ratings thing or other?

Is there a link of where radio transmitters are? I've seen the one for OTA TV. I'm curious for a couple of reasons. One being I was driving in what is probably 8B County on S. Holmes. I saw a small tower being built on the east side. It was very close to a home.

Would that tower be cell phone tower, something for broadcasts or a private project?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify.

MSR
I would go for the Ham radio license.
Then what about cable TV?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:22 PM

Default Good Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I would go for the Ham radio license.
Then what about cable TV?
Nowhereman,

I actually thought about the Ham License. In theory I agree with your question about Cable. However, in placement, I don't think so for this specific one.

Verizon is having a hearing to put another tower in too, but it's location is closer to the Anheuser-Busch facility.

Thanks for joining the discussion

MSR

Old 06-19-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Nowhereman,

I actually thought about the Ham License. In theory I agree with your question about Cable. However, in placement, I don't think so for this specific one.

Verizon is having a hearing to put another tower in too, but it's location is closer to the Anheuser-Busch facility.

Thanks for joining the discussion

MSR
You are welcome. Now Verizon? Is this for cellphone service?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:02 PM

Default Verizon Products as Verizon is Provider for YNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
You are welcome. Now Verizon? Is this for cellphone service?
I don't know if it's just cell phone or cell phone and beyond. Verizon won the contract for YNP and has built several in different locations around Idaho Falls and beyond. Sprint seems to have finished building towers for a while since they built a bunch. They have the contract with BYU-Idaho.

Does anyone know which company has the contract with INL?

MSR

Old 06-21-2014, 10:52 PM

great info. I have verizon right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls