Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:24 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
For anyone bored enough to be following this, once we could go outside (power outage in the mall above), I couldn't remember where I parked. After about 20 min. I found it.

This experience didn't improve my overall feeling about shopping.

I had to guess where streets were open. Glad to have my phone charging and light again!

MSR
MSR - your parking mishap reminded me of my own parking mishap years ago. I was shopping at a huge shopping mall in downtown Toronto called the Eaton Center. It is a huge multi-story shopping mall with multi-story parking garages located on both sides of the mall. After we were done shopping we realized that not only did we not remember which level we had parked on, we couldn't even remember which side of the MALL we had parked on. Talk about a couple of goobers. It took hours to find the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Default It's Easy to Not Remember When Focused on Other Things. Can you repeat what you thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
MSR - your parking mishap reminded me of my own parking mishap years ago. I was shopping at a huge shopping mall in downtown Toronto called the Eaton Center. It is a huge multi-story shopping mall with multi-story parking garages located on both sides of the mall. After we were done shopping we realized that not only did we not remember which level we had parked on, we couldn't even remember which side of the MALL we had parked on. Talk about a couple of goobers. It took hours to find the car.

Great story, Juneau. I'm wondering if any special words were in your mind or coming out of your mouth? LOL

It's so easy to be thinking of important stuff and forget things we knew. I haven't been to that mall. I've bought some cool things in the Understreet/ Underground Mall in Montreal. It's a cool concept to anyone who hasn't been there.

MSR

Old 05-02-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Great story, Juneau. I'm wondering if any special words were in your mind or coming out of your mouth? LOL

It's so easy to be thinking of important stuff and forget things we knew. I haven't been to that mall. I've bought some cool things in the Understreet/ Underground Mall in Montreal. It's a cool concept to anyone who hasn't been there.

MSR
Yes MSR, there were words spoken. None that I could repeat here though.

One more story about the Eaton Center. I was on my way with my two sons, to the Greyhound station not far from the mall in downtown Toronto. It was the day after Christmas (Boxing Day in Canada) and a VERY busy shopping day. We had taken the subway and gotten off at the Eaton Center stop.

As I was wading through wall-to-wall people with my two little boys (and just trying as quickly as possible to get the hell out of there), they suddenly bolted for a mens' restroom. So I'm standing outside the door of the mens' restroom and I wait and wait and wait. And wait. And while I'm standing there watching one guy after another enter, and two little boys not exiting, I finally grabbed the arm of some unsuspecting guy and forcibly told him that there were two little blond boys inside, and he better tell them to come out NOW, or I'm coming in after them.

They came out less than a minute later. Apparently playing with the hand dryers and flushing the urinals, and enjoying themselves immensely. This was when they were still at the age where they came into the Ladies with me when we were out in public, so they thought it was great fun to actually hit the Mens and play with all the Mens Room stuff.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:56 PM

Talking That's Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Yes MSR, there were words spoken. None that I could repeat here though.

One more story about the Eaton Center. I was on my way with my two sons, to the Greyhound station not far from the mall in downtown Toronto. It was the day after Christmas (Boxing Day in Canada) and a VERY busy shopping day. We had taken the subway and gotten off at the Eaton Center stop.

As I was wading through wall-to-wall people with my two little boys (and just trying as quickly as possible to get the hell out of there), they suddenly bolted for a mens' restroom. So I'm standing outside the door of the mens' restroom and I wait and wait and wait. And wait. And while I'm standing there watching one guy after another enter, and two little boys not exiting, I finally grabbed the arm of some unsuspecting guy and forcibly told him that there were two little blond boys inside, and he better tell them to come out NOW, or I'm coming in after them.

They came out less than a minute later. Apparently playing with the hand dryers and flushing the urinals, and enjoying themselves immensely. This was when they were still at the age where they came into the Ladies with me when we were out in public, so they thought it was great fun to actually hit the Mens and play with all the Mens Room stuff.
Oh Juneau, you must post that story somewhere else so more will read it! Maybe in Let's Get Caught Up? I'll post a quick note there which will set the stage for you to copy and post the above, if you want to.

I think a lot avoid this thread as it isn't fun and no one can change events that happened. It served it's purpose as I wouldn't have opened a case otherwise. I learned from your posts, 3 Shepherds and others. I hope no one else here has to do the same.

So let's find a new local thread for you to share that gem of a story as I think it is really funny.

MSR

Old 05-04-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Oh Juneau, you must post that story somewhere else so more will read it! Maybe in Let's Get Caught Up? I'll post a quick note there which will set the stage for you to copy and post the above, if you want to.

I think a lot avoid this thread as it isn't fun and no one can change events that happened. It served it's purpose as I wouldn't have opened a case otherwise. I learned from your posts, 3 Shepherds and others. I hope no one else here has to do the same.

So let's find a new local thread for you to share that gem of a story as I think it is really funny.

MSR
Sure I'll post the story in the Let's Get Caugt Up thread.

In the meantime, I was thinking about your dog today. I found this. Maybe it will bring a smile to you and other dog lovers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMW-dM-BDu0

Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 PM

Default Animal Hoarder in WY

Did anyone else see the news tonight about the female stopped for animal hoarding? There were 50 canines.

I think it was Cheyenne.

Please, if anyone sees that video post it here. One blonde Cocker-looking face looked familiar! I can't say for sure and there were two similar canines in the same cage.

I'll try to find this video elsewhere. The animals have not been processed yet. You can bet your last buck that shelter is getting a call from me. Who knows if they scan for Micro-Chips?

Thanks for anything you can add!

MSR

Old 05-05-2014, 10:33 PM

Default Here's the Story - 53 K-9s Rescued

I couldn't find the video YET, but here's the story.
Rescued Dogs Doing Well

Old 05-05-2014, 10:51 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,963 times
Here is a good story I found on line Enjoy. Cattle dog and disabled kitten become buddies.
Cattle Dog and Disabled Kitten Become Buddies

Old 05-05-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Here is a good story I found on line Enjoy. Cattle dog and disabled kitten become buddies.
Cattle Dog and Disabled Kitten Become Buddies
Scott,

How about posting that cute video in Let's Get Caught Up or start a new thread about pets in E. Idaho. Vids could go there.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I need to keep this thread focused on abducted animals. I hope you understand.

The video would be great in a thread where we have posted about our furry friends....and we have in Let's Get Caught Up.

Thank you for understanding.

MSR

Old 05-05-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
I couldn't find the video YET, but here's the story.
Rescued Dogs Doing Well
Kimi Page is the hoarder's name. I read an article of a woman in (now I'm blanking on the city-sorry), but she is from CA. Her two canines were abducted FIVE (5) yrs. ago. She was reunited with them over the weekend.

This Kimi Page traveled with 50+ dogs through many states.

Juneau and 3 Shepherds, you may find this video before I do (or others). PLEASE POST as this woman certainly answered one of the questions you asked me in a PM.

Thanks eveyone!

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls