Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 11:44 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

Let's update some of our favorite restaurants and why they are our favorites. Also, we have options ranging from Pocatello to Idaho Falls and Jackson Hole. DDD (Diners, Drive-Inns and Dives) has featured four Jackson Hole eateries with different menus.

Who has eaten at Alchemy Bistro? Apparently French, Cajun and Creole foods are on the menu daily. They also serve American Food.

Who can tell us more and how the food was when you ate there? It's a downtown eatery.

Please list any favorite restaurants, what you like in those eateries as well as questions about other restaurants you've never tried.

This thread should be fun to learn where some hidden treasures are in our area.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 11:50 AM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
Tandoori Oven has some of the best naan that I've ever eaten

Old 10-03-2014, 08:59 PM

Question Hitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
Tandoori Oven has some of the best naan that I've ever eaten
Is that on Hitt, tmp4? I wonder if they have a website and online menu?

Old 10-03-2014, 09:15 PM

Question Copper Rill or Chef's Shane Perspective

Has anyone eaten at the Copper Rill on River Parkway? I always remember ATVWIFE mentioning the lack of local restaurants. I'm not sure everyone knows what restaurants are local and where they are.

Any thoughts about Copper Rill?

Chef Shane's Perspective is on Hitt Road about 3200 South.

Anyone have anything to add?

Looking forward to some Foodies telling us more about these and other local restaurants.

MSR

Old 10-03-2014, 10:38 PM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
I love Copper Rill. best Sunday brunch in town. Nice date restaurant on weeknights

my favorite place in town is still D'Railed. never had a bad meal there and I usually eat in the "back yard" and last time I was there, they were doing some renovations inside and out

Old 10-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Question Good Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I love Copper Rill. best Sunday brunch in town. Nice date restaurant on weeknights

my favorite place in town is still D'Railed. never had a bad meal there and I usually eat in the "back yard" and last time I was there, they were doing some renovations inside and out
Thanks tmp4. There are some die hard fans of other Sunday brunches (different restaurants). What makes this the best, in your opinion?

Old 10-05-2014, 03:39 PM

Question Hardy's Pub and Grill

Has anyone been here? Another small, local diner with outdoor seating.

I'm surprised to learn of some of the locally owned favorites of many. I suspect many don't publicize their favorite eateries so they are not more packed, but I could be wrong.

Have you got a favorite we haven't discussed? Siege, you could add your Pocatello Greek restaurants here and others. Anyone can add. One person use to like Elmer's in Poky.

Cleosmom, any other treasures to add? I'll try to post the four Jackson Hole restaurants shown on DDD. They are in our region.

BanjoMike, I know both you and I have mentioned Smitty's previously. Any others come to mind for you?

Old 10-10-2014, 10:45 PM

Question Perogies?

Did anyone hear Karole Honas tonight talk about Perogies? Is there going to be somewhere local with them?

They are tons of work from scratch. I can tell you some of the best Ukraine/Eastern European restaurants in PA, NY and Canada. Would be awesome to have homemade ones close

MSR

Old 11-20-2014, 08:59 PM

434 posts, read 417,031 times
Im kinda excited to hear gator jacks is opening in idaho falls. I love cajun food and IF has a lack of it. Can anyone suggest favorite dishes from the rigby location? Im a sucker for spicy. One of my favorite Mexican places IN THE COUNTRY is jaliscos. That says a lot considering I lived in texas for several years.
People here rave on about local favorites such as Lucy's pizza (It is to die for). so I see little need to point out such places. I hear little mention of jaliscos though.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:26 PM

Default BAs. Country Kitchen

Tmp4,

From another thread I asked about the small restaurant at 1st and Higbee. This is it with Yelp's info.

I've heard people talk about eating there who haven't posted reviews. You may want to check it out sometime. Let us know if you go - everything is suppose to be homemade.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/bas-country-kitchen-idaho-falls

BTW - - I don't think Cracker Barrel is going to be expanding for a while. Read about their board and the one who wants to change things, including ownership.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls