Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 09:10 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,432,982 times

Advertisements

It seems like we've had a great Dec. Above average temps and snow in the mountains. Now we're suppose to get valley snow. It appears we'll have a white Christmas as if we ordered it that way.

Merry Christmas and enjoy snow if you get it. I hope Santa is good to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 10:33 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,263,520 times
Merry White Christmas!!

Old 12-26-2014, 01:00 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Feels like winter at last!!
Hooray! I was sure growing tired of late fall!

Old 12-27-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Feels like winter at last!!
Hooray! I was sure growing tired of late fall!
Now we get to teach some folks how to drive all over again

Old 12-30-2014, 09:36 PM

Whoo boy- cold this morning!
I had to go to Pocatello all day, so a fixed up a warm bed in the dog house for my young dog; I don't want to leave him in the house all day.
I expected him to be half-frozen when I came back, and he was cold. But after he was fed and warmed up some, he wanted to go right back outside. By another 90 minutes, though, he was finished for the night and wanted to come in for good.

Tomorrow morning will be colder, and he's gonna have to spend another day outside. Now that I know he's fine in the dog house, I won't worry, but I don't think he will be as eager to go back out again.

Dogs are pretty amazing in their tolerance for cold. They burn up a lot of calories keeping warm though- Lefty is normally a casual eater, and often doesn't eat breakfast until early afternoon. He's been pigging out for 2 days now, and no hesitation at all… he goes straight to the bowl and wolfs it down.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:07 AM

90 minutes??? My guys are ready to come back in after about five minutes Then again, one is 14 years old and the other has no pigmentation....

Old 01-01-2015, 08:03 AM

Hi, Cleo…
He's an adolescent pup, and is full of energy. He came from working stock, so he is also very ambitious. It's his duty to patrol the backyard and he likes to patrol on the run. He was a baby last winter and hated to go out. This winter he's preferred to stay outside most of the day.

I let him in as soon as he tries the back door; the door has a lever handle instead of a door knob, and he's learning he can open the door by himself. He's done it several times, so I respond quickly when he tries because I don't want him learning how to do it reliably. Once he gets it down, he will let himself out as much as in! Right now he is always very surprised when he opens the door.

So lately, I've been locking the deadbolt if I have to leave for a long time. If I lock the latch I know I'll open it and lock both of us out if I close the door.

He's a smart dog. Everything I've taught him was 1,2,3. The first time is the lesson, the second practice and by the third is fully learned. He never forgets a lesson either, but I have to give him a little time to respond sometimes. This works with both the positive things I teach him, and the negatives, like staying off the bed. He remembers no as much as yes.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:50 AM

Mike, Sounds like the two of you are enjoying each other and life. Yes, working dogs must have a job or they get creative. Miss Carly loves her tennis balls so much that she managed to get them all outside and buried under then snow. Thankfully her daddy got home last night and made to certain to find.... ahhh peace

While growing up we had a German Shepherd who had learned to open our sliding glass door.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:08 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,432,982 times
Wink Funny

You two crack me up reading about your best friends (canine). :G

We do like our furball family members here don't we? Eventually, we find the right ones for all of us

Cleosmom, are you suggesting it's good Carly gets to see her daddy on certain days? Or does she just wear anyone out? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls