Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 03:40 PM

15 posts, read 60,341 times

Advertisements

Thanks! I found a few other threads that have answered my questions too. You guys have been very helpful! Appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 09:50 AM

15 posts, read 60,341 times
House is now listed! See you all soon!!!!

Old 08-09-2015, 11:05 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
Thanks for the infomation ,it's food for thought.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:23 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,252,336 times
I Learned in the Navy to blend in with the Neighbors in a new state, Change License plates, ect....
I try to visit a state where we are moving to ahead of time. When there we pretend to live there, go places, like we like at our old home, to get the feel of the area, and to learn your way around town.
I've found the adjustment just does not take to long, at least not for us.
Best of luck with your move!
Scott

Old 08-10-2015, 05:49 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,263,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifornianWantingOut View Post
Thanks Cleosmom. Our reasons for leaving, seem to match your old feelings of Fresno. We have children, and I can't wrap my head around who they'd cross paths with here, in their lives. Theyre sweet kind children, and want them to be sweet kind adults, and have positive community influences. Cleosmom, did you have children at the time? I'm sure it's rumors, but I've read that kids can be harsh to California kids, in school, and that their might be an unwelcoming vibe for non Mormon children. I know this might be overblown, but I have to ask.
No, we chose not to have children, so I can't answer those questions in a direct fashion. What I can tell you, is that no matter where you go, kids can be mean, not all of them but there's always a few in every crowd.

I can also tell you that my three nephews and niece survived their childhood and my niece is now even a school teacher.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,636 times
Welcome to eastern Idaho. I hope you enjoy your relocation and aren't too put off by the LDS non-welcoming committees, and the neighbors that pretend you don't exist if you don't attend "their church".
We need more immigration and more diversity here, and very much welcome those from areas where there is far more variety of beliefs and lifestyles.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,639 times
Default Cultural enrichment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwike View Post
Welcome to eastern Idaho. I hope you enjoy your relocation and aren't too put off by the LDS non-welcoming committees, and the neighbors that pretend you don't exist if you don't attend "their church".
We need more immigration and more diversity here, and very much welcome those from areas where there is far more variety of beliefs and lifestyles.
Heh...

https://www.google.com/search?q=here...iw=601&bih=962

OR Google:
‘here comes diversity'

Old 10-11-2015, 06:36 PM

168 posts, read 174,122 times
^ See, there is a perfect example of the "don't bring your beliefs here" mindset that is all too pervasive here in S.E. Idaho.
All I can say is be strong and find your way beyond that narrow mindset.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:30 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,005,899 times
Do you often have to wait in long lines at whatever places of business you go to i.e. Doctor offices, How long are doctors booked in Idaho? Here it is about a 3 week wait.

Do you have to wait in long lines at Walmart, grocery stores, Costco, gas station or banks?
Does it take forever to get parking in Idaho like here where it costs alot of $$$ now to park your car here. And that is only if you can find a parking space..

Which part of Idaho has the least amount of traffic and traffic stoplights?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:57 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,263,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Do you often have to wait in long lines at whatever places of business you go to i.e. Doctor offices, How long are doctors booked in Idaho? Here it is about a 3 week wait.

Do you have to wait in long lines at Walmart, grocery stores, Costco, gas station or banks?
Does it take forever to get parking in Idaho like here where it costs alot of $$$ now to park your car here. And that is only if you can find a parking space..

Which part of Idaho has the least amount of traffic and traffic stoplights?
I have managed for the time I've forgotten to take care of things online, to get in and out of DMV on a Friday the last day of the month during the Noon hour in less than 15 minutes. As opposed to CA, we don't need to set appointments.

I can get into my care provider within a week, most often less.

Clueless about Walmart, don't go there and we don't have a Costco in Idaho Falls, but the regular grocery stores; Albertsons, Smith's and Fred Meyers maybe a 3-5 minute wait??

Idaho Falls doesn't have parking meters and quite easy to find a parking space. I usually park farther out than most though so I get more steps in

Never have had to wait in line at my bank or credit union, then again I have direct deposit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls