Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalynx View Post
We went down a dirt road for what seemed like 15 miles or so at Priest River that connected to another dirt road back to 57 and then back down to PR. Went all the way up to Blue Lake. It was pretty but that dirt road would be a winter nightmare, I believe. Should we drive up 57 to priest lake? We have just a few hours this morning before we go to the airport. We found a few tracts of land thy were nice but were across from some very not so nice looking tracts. I don't have a problem with trashy people if I have some form of buffer between us. I am not trashy bit I would certainly prefer an unrestricted property to a restricted.
Did you pass a totally disreputable looking old tavern called "The Green Owl"? right next to a bridge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 11:12 AM

94 posts, read 351,639 times
We are cruising around priest lake area. Currently on Gleason mcafee falls rd. There are some nice properties here.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:13 AM

Yesterday, we did pass the green owl and laughed at the name.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,915 times
I would say the Athol-Rathdrum-Spirit Lake area. Why do you want to build? With the way prices are, building is about 20% more expensive than existing construction.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM

We would be building the home with out own two hands. This allows us to save the labor costs.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:48 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,915 times
Gotcha, well what kinda of land you looking for? I have some land listed outside of CDA south, 10 acres for 69900 that is 51 miles from downtown spokane. Level and power is close by and 4 minutes from the lake.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:30 PM

Shaner, we didn't like south cda as much as other areas. We liked pinehurst, athol, priest lake south, post falls some, but not a lot. We want to be out of town enough where land would be affordable enough to buy more of it.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 PM

238 posts, read 863,536 times
phalynx, at the risk of raining on your parade, the words secluded, trees, and affordable do not belong in the same sentence when talking about land in Idaho. This goes double for land within 1 hour of a major airport... oh, and there's usually an extra premium to be paid to avoid having your scenery littered up with the local "trashy people."

Are you by any chance seeing land that is exactly what you want, but for twice the price you are willing to pay? You're looking for the movie-star parcel for the working-man's price. Good luck.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:38 PM

674 posts, read 1,459,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need2Leave View Post
phalynx, at the risk of raining on your parade, the words secluded, trees, and affordable do not belong in the same sentence when talking about land in Idaho. This goes double for land within 1 hour of a major airport... oh, and there's usually an extra premium to be paid to avoid having your scenery littered up with the local "trashy people."

Are you by any chance seeing land that is exactly what you want, but for twice the price you are willing to pay? You're looking for the movie-star parcel for the working-man's price. Good luck.
Par for the course - everyone wants paradise at Walmart prices.

I would just ask if OP has visited Northern Idaho in the winter months. Coming from Texas this is going to be a significant change; not just weather, but length of day, hours of sunlight, seasonal affect disorder, etc. Just a thought...

Old 08-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Everyone makes a list of what they want. When you get everything, its like you won the lottery. I am realistic on my search and know what I will take. Not everything on my list will be available on 1 single property. It is the way it is. I believe the term is "I can dream". I actually didn't say 1 hour from a major airport. The limit is about 60 miles from Spokane which can be 1.5-2 hours of a drive. I have commuted 2 hours each way before. Its not my favorite thing to do, but the things I will do for my happiness of my family are far too numerous to list. Driving long distances is one of the things I may compromise on for our property of choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need2Leave View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho