Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2006, 07:40 AM

393 posts, read 1,881,045 times

Advertisements

Any of you just quitting and starting over long distance? I just turned 50 and can't imagine just giving up my health insurance and moving. What is everyone doing about that? Just winging it? Or are most of you getting jobs/transferring first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 08:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygal
Any of you just quitting and starting over long distance? I just turned 50 and can't imagine just giving up my health insurance and moving. What is everyone doing about that? Just winging it? Or are most of you getting jobs/transferring first?

Well. I'm 57, was dowsized from one long term job and done in by something not of my doing in what should have been a temp-to-hire situation. I plan on starting over long distance without health insurance as I won't have it no matter where I am. Maybe I'll get back at the Californians, if I ever get seriously ill I may have to get into a CA prison, I understand they have to care for you

Old 08-15-2006, 12:01 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
We moved leaving jobs and insurance behind. This was over 20 years ago when insurance was easier to get.We also had saved for the move. Like Burdell I am also 57 now and no health insurance and no plan to get it. When it got to to be in the 400.00 a month bracket with 5000.00 deductable why bother. We have enough money for some medical treatment. Major medical for say cancer well oh well I will just die. My husband does have some insurance now because he is old enough for SS.

I think insurance is such a scam. So many people keep using it because they think it is not costing them. Then the docs keep running up the medical charges making the insurance costs go up and on and on. I refuse to play into it. We try to stay as healthy.

Chris

Old 08-18-2006, 11:30 AM

278 posts, read 1,138,476 times
Not some thing I would do as med cost will kill you if there needed and your not covered med cost in Idaho are as bad as calif. Jobs are not that great in pay to cover the cost of it . that is one reson I left Idaho after becomeing disabled latter in life there .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho