Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 10:06 AM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times

Advertisements

Just home from 19 days of wondefull Idaho.
Did some great dirt bike riding with some friends from Twin Falls in the south hills..
Also got to really narrow down our new town search to either Emmett or Weiser.
We are now trying to figure out the best schools between each town.
I like Weiser and my better half likes Emmett.
Who knows anything about which school system is better?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 6,085 times
Smile grew up near weiser

I grew up on the Oregon Slope,and spent alot of time in Weiser when I was a teenager,guess it hasn't changed a whole,I live in Arizona now,but sometimes I miss the old hometown.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 AM

Jude, Weiser is still a great place.
Wish I was there now.
Good people.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 12,722 times
Default Weiser

Both are great communities - I live and work in Weiser so I am deeply biased. That being said, [URL="http://www.weiserschools.org"]www.weiserschools.org[/URL] is a good website to check out. We are an hour from Boise and all the benefits that a large city has to offer but we are very much the 'small town - big life' philosophy kind of people. I like to think we understand that looking forward is the only way to move forward (we have recently adopted a 'reject the recession' mindset). We do have the Weiser Sand Dunes west of town that offer some pretty decent riding (my husband used to go tear 'em up on a regular basis) and I know we have a large, avid motorcycle enthusiast population, whether you're talking dirt bikes or Harleys. [URL="http://www.whyweiser.com"]www.whyweiser.com[/URL] or [URL="http://www.weiserchamber.com"]www.weiserchamber.com[/URL] (I work there) are two great websites to check out also. Very best of luck to you!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM

22 posts, read 94,341 times
Is your heart set on either Weiser or Emmett? I ask because hubby is from New Plymouth (parents still there) and grandma is in Payette. So yes I would like to know if you have your heart set or maybe open to the whole area. If you open, let me know and I'll get huibby's opinion, although I do know he leans a bit more towards Weiser. Maybe it's because his brother was born there, who knows. That and he's like me, he prefers being a bit further away from the "bigger" cities if possible (him and his brother did live in the heart of Boise for a few years and now we're in SLC and the people drive him nuts)

Old 05-14-2009, 06:14 PM

4 posts, read 15,009 times
The schools in Weiser are good with great sports spirit but Weiser Middle School wasn't that great. The middle school was old and abit small. You can go fishing if you like to. Its a great little town. I really miss it.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:35 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
OH Yum good Chinese buffet in Payette. Well Mark you know I love Weiser. I also love Midvale. But understand that would be a little far out for wife. I would love to have you all in Weiser for selfish reasons. Would enjoy sharing arts with your wife. Hehehe bet you all had different thoughts.

We liked New Plymouth too. Sort of a nice community. I feel it is quaint and to me that is good.

Chris

Old 10-27-2010, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,919 times
i am at the moment in kellogg, id.. we are looking to relocate anywhere from weiser on down 95 toward nevada. weiser has caught our attention. quite a few years back my 10 yr old nephew was killed in a car accident in nevada and on our return home we broke down outside weiser. all the cash we had at the time was enough for gas to get home and there was an officer and a tow truck driver that helped us get back on the road. we will never forget that hospitality, those to men saved my 3 children,my husband and myself from freezing on the side of the road.
what i am needing is info as far as houses for rent in weiser. we are looking for at least a four bedroom (or a 3bdrm with a office or basement that could be used as a 4th bedroom) and at least 2 bath home. if anyone knows of anything available or any rental companies could u please let us know.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:32 AM

boise apts/housing for rent classifieds "weiser" - craigslist

Old 10-27-2010, 04:10 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
DR What about Ruby's house in Weiser. I heard they are looking to move to smaller place.jbo5 email me if you want to see pictures of this house. My husband and I used to own it and it is a great house. Well manufactured home but top of the line. Ruby made some great improvements.

They do want to sell. It is a three and two but all very large bedrooms.

Chris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho