Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:10 PM

11 posts, read 63,260 times

Advertisements

I know I'm opening an old thread (this came up in a search), but I'm considering a move to ID and was wondering about NFA/class 3 items as well. I own a number of items in that class (i.e. machine guns, short bbl shotguns, suppressors and destructive devices) and have a CCW here in AZ, just don't want to move someplace I can't own them. Also wondering about vehicle emissions/inspections (are they required) or any other odd law (like are pitbulls legal?) etc. I'm a responsible retired mil law abiding citizen, but I don't plan on giving up my guns, vehicles, or my dog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 09:44 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,504,391 times
No emissions controls here in Bingham County, don't know if that is State wide but believe it is, some cities have limits on number of dogs, etc., do you have an idea where in Idaho you would like to move?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:32 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,807,074 times
I thought I read here on CDF that one of the counties around Boise was possible bringing in emissions checks.

Here in North Idaho the gun laws are very friendly...very pro-gun here. But I don't know about those particular issues, sorry. Here's a link...hope it points you in the right direction...
Firearm Laws - Idaho.gov

Old 06-16-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
No emissions controls here in Bingham County, don't know if that is State wide but believe it is, some cities have limits on number of dogs, etc., do you have an idea where in Idaho you would like to move?
From what I've read, Ada county (city of Boise?) does have emissions. Boise is where I was looking to go. I have a good job offer that has different locations to choose from, had it narrowed down to PHX and Boise. PHX is only an hour away, but it also has emissions and it's even hotter than where I am now! (not to mention the crime). But AZ guns laws allow me to own all my fun stuff.
I only have one dog, and he's a spoiled brat sweet heart, but his papers say pitbull and some places have issues with that.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
I thought I read here on CDF that one of the counties around Boise was possible bringing in emissions checks.

Here in North Idaho the gun laws are very friendly...very pro-gun here. But I don't know about those particular issues, sorry. Here's a link...hope it points you in the right direction...
Firearm Laws - Idaho.gov
Thanks for the link, but it really didn't cover what I was looking for. It mentions destructive devices, but a 12 gauge street sweeper is considered a "destructive device" by the BATF&E, and the link only referenced explosive devices. No other NFA stuff was mentioned. I'll probably just ask on a more specific (NFA) forum. Navigating the ATF is like trying to figure out why one 12 gauge is a destructive device and another isn’t

Old 06-17-2011, 09:41 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,335,126 times
NFA weapons are legal, and not uncommon. County sherrifs in Kootenai and Bonner counties at least are good about signing off the paperwork. The gun club at Fernan does a machine gun shoot every year. Yep, we're still a free state.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
NFA weapons are legal, and not uncommon. County sherrifs in Kootenai and Bonner counties at least are good about signing off the paperwork. The gun club at Fernan does a machine gun shoot every year. Yep, we're still a free state.
Thanks for the info! I did find some machine gun shoots there, so I figured they were OK with transferrable NFA items.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:43 AM

4,531 posts, read 8,828,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dak© View Post
I know I'm opening an old thread (this came up in a search), but I'm considering a move to ID and was wondering about NFA/class 3 items as well. I own a number of items in that class (i.e. machine guns, short bbl shotguns, suppressors and destructive devices) and have a CCW here in AZ, just don't want to move someplace I can't own them. Also wondering about vehicle emissions/inspections (are they required) or any other odd law (like are pitbulls legal?) etc. I'm a responsible retired mil law abiding citizen, but I don't plan on giving up my guns, vehicles, or my dog
The weapons you described are regulated by FEDERAL and State laws. If you can afford to pay all of the Federal fees for those weapons you should get an attorney that specializes in Firearms law to advise you. I don't know what the current fees on Class III are but when I checked about 20 years ago the transfer fees and taxes on just one weapon was several hundred dollars.

GL2

Old 06-20-2011, 08:59 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,398,183 times
Quote:
From what I've read, Ada county (city of Boise?) does have emissions. Boise is where I was looking to go. I have a good job offer that has different locations to choose from, had it narrowed down to PHX and Boise. PHX is only an hour away, but it also has emissions and it's even hotter than where I am now! (not to mention the crime). But AZ guns laws allow me to own all my fun stuff.
I only have one dog, and he's a spoiled brat sweet heart, but his papers say pitbull and some places have issues with that.
I would contact one of the police depts in Ada county and ask them.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,398,183 times
Quote:
I think Canyon County is going to start emissions though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho