Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 04:00 PM

291 posts, read 669,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Those trials bike guys are nuts...and very good. Looks like a gasgas
I can only imagine the magnitude of the splatter I would create trying to duplicate those stunts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 03:29 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
Default West of Murphy Idaho yesterday.

Serious dirt biking and then Burgers.
It doesn't get any better

Old 04-19-2011, 08:56 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
DR, what the heck did you do with all the trees?????

It's amazing how diverse the geography of this state is. Great pics! How high is the snow line in your area? It's still about 3k here, went into the hills on Saturday, didn't make it very far.

BTW, bite me...I rode home from work in the flippin' snow yesterday. Wasnt' all bad, I did go explore a road on some state land on the way home. Need to go check it out some more.

IIRC you're on ADVrider aren't you? What's your screen name there?

Old 04-20-2011, 07:24 AM

My screen name is Dirtywurty on adventure rider.
Down on this end of the state most logical riders head for the treeless desert for decent spring riding. We save that green tree part for later in the summer when there is less ice . I am guessing the snow on the mountain is around 4000 ft. It was still muddy but very nice later in the afternoon.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:24 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
My screen name is Dirtywurty on adventure rider.
Down on this end of the state most logical riders head for the treeless desert for decent spring riding. We save that green tree part for later in the summer when there is less ice . I am guessing the snow on the mountain is around 4000 ft. It was still muddy but very nice later in the afternoon.
Your posts and pics are really inspiring me to get out, and we're supposed to finally have decent weather this weekend! Due to snow levels, I won't be going very high, but should have a chance to check out some "I wonder where that goes?" roads in the area. This has been a miserable spring up hear in NID, hopefully summer comes on soon.

I just ordered new tires for my bike, hopefully they will be here by the weekend. The D606s didn't hold up well with pavement riding.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM

232 posts, read 565,705 times
Default Idaho Riding!

Dang, Dez.....how did I miss this thread? There sure seems to be a lot of riders on here....which is great!

I'm in Boise for a few more days. We flew in, bought a house in Nampa, and will be heading back to the warm & wonderful (not!!!) Middle East again in a few days. My 31 March retirement date got kicked backwards by 4 months because of the turmoil in the region. They can't do that again though, so it's 31 July now. We should arrive in town on August 2nd and begin my Golden Years!

I'll be bringing my street (Honda VFR), and foo-foo playbike I had in Africa (CRF230), and a CZ 400 for Vintage MX. Tried to answer an ad in CraigsList for a 2009 KTM 400, but never got a response. Too bad....that was exactly the bike I wanted too. It even had a Recluse, which is a bonus for my arthritic old hands! Guess I'll start looking again in August.

Cheers,

Mac

Old 05-11-2011, 11:11 AM

There will still be plenty of time for riding in august.

I will be on my Vstrom heading for Torrey Utah next wednesday morning.
New tunes on my Ipod and a fresh box of cheap cigars.
It's all street riding but Torrey is worthy this time of year.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 AM

232 posts, read 565,705 times
I don't expect to get any riding in this year at all. They won't even ship all my household goods until I have retired (31 July) and currently estimate 3 months until delivery.

Cheers,

Mac

Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 AM

you come on out to Emmett and we leave from here and head for High Valley on dirt trails. I have 2 dirtbikes and it would be my pleasure to let you use one as my retirement gift to you... Then next year your on your own

Old 05-18-2011, 03:40 PM

161 posts, read 396,544 times
Hehe looks like fun! That trail sign post said "Don't Tread On Me!" Damn straight! I wish the goobermint would listen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho