Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 09:41 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,738,147 times

Advertisements

[quote=Mtn. States Resident;31856504]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post

Misty and others following high school sports,

Please keep posting about this as news. In the last two weeks, one of the school districts in southeastern ID had both their quarterback and a halfback sustain concussions during the same game. I'll try to find a link to show what the coaches are doing to protect these players. If I understand the rules correctly, a second concussion and the athlete is ineligible to play sports the rest of the year.

Concussions are additive. Players have to have their brains protected.

Thanks Misty,

MSR

I really wish Idaho had been a little more proactive with it's head injury rules and done something earlier than just last year.
As an equestrian and an equestrian mom we know you don't mess around with a concussion and you have to be mindful of Second Impact Syndrome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
I'm not interested in anyone's political bent, any more than they care about my politics. If the C-D Idaho Forum becomes political, its lost me as a poster. There are other places at City-Data.com for this kind of discussion.

pimit2 (Bob)
I agree with you Bob. Besides, I want to see if I can find video for Misty and others to see if Football players in Idaho H.S. are using the same materials to protect the brains of ID teens.

MSR

Old 10-18-2013, 01:17 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,894,757 times
Quoting myself because this positive news was the last post on the previous page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Good economic news for the Twin Falls/Magic Valley area!

Clif Bar moving into Magic Valley, bringing up to 250 jobs

Clif Bar moving into Magic Valley, bringing up to 250 jobs | KTVB.COM Boise

Portuguese fruit company picks Rupert for first U.S. plant

Portuguese fruit company picks Rupert for first U.S. plant | Idaho Economy | Idahostatesman.com

Old 10-18-2013, 01:37 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times
Still looking for that vid. I found this link and wanted to post for others who might want to learn more.

ISCA | Resources

Or going back to the home page gives more info.

MSR

Old 10-18-2013, 01:48 PM

98 posts, read 233,103 times

NBC News Article | Greg Collett for Idaho State Representative

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 10-19-2013 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: Shortened to just the link

Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,738,147 times
Court: Former EPA crusader arrested for sex trafficking | North Idaho - KXLY.com

Old 10-19-2013, 05:06 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Quoting myself because this positive news was the last post on the previous page
I love Clif Bars! They're the best pocket rations ever.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:27 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,834,770 times
Re the Greg Collett issue: Because it's too easy to get into political debates about people we like or don't like and I believe this detracts from the general intent of this thread, posting links to news regarding Idaho public figures is fine, but when it's political in nature, that's as far as it needs to go.
There's enough positive and negative press (and other related info) on most politicians to keep us arguing for hours...I don't trust any of them. But better to debate that in the P&OC forum.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:05 AM

445 posts, read 1,328,077 times
Quote:
Re the Greg Collett issue: Because it's too easy to get into political debates about people we like or don't like and I believe this detracts from the general intent of this thread, posting links to news regarding Idaho public figures is fine, but when it's political in nature, that's as far as it needs to go.
There's enough positive and negative press (and other related info) on most politicians to keep us arguing for hours...I don't trust any of them. But better to debate that in the P&OC forum.
Thank you, Sage. Exactly my feelings. This ain't the place....

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 10-21-2013, 06:48 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,361,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
Thank you, Sage. Exactly my feelings. This ain't the place....

pimit2 (Bob)
I also feel the same way to a degree but Idaho politics should be able to be discussed within the Idaho forums to some extent. The P&OC forum is not a good place either because 99.9% of the forumers there are not going to care about Idaho politics and all that would do is bring out the trolls, and besides reading through many of those threads in P&OC really exposes just how nasty and hateful so many people are anymore. What is pertinent to Idaho should remain in the Idaho forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho