Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatehumidity View Post
y. Any advice or suggestions without flaming me are welcome. Thank you in advance. Jim
IF you would have kept your mouth shut you MIGHT have had a chance at the position. Instead you set yourself up for failure by pointing out an OBVIOUS fact. If you would have kept quiet the PROCTOR would have probably moved you to the head of the list but by criticizing the process YOU alienated him. Your poor judgment would indicate to me you are probably not qualified for a supervisory position.
GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 12:19 PM

898 posts, read 827,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
IF you would have kept your mouth shut you MIGHT have had a chance at the position. Instead you set yourself up for failure by pointing out an OBVIOUS fact. If you would have kept quiet the PROCTOR would have probably moved you to the head of the list but by criticizing the process YOU alienated him. Your poor judgment would indicate to me you are probably not qualified for a supervisory position.
GL2
Yes, that too.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,099 times
As a life-long native of Utah, I can attest to the fact that if you are not Mormon the cards are stacked against you. So, where do you go, LostinID and Fearnofish, to take advantage of the beautiful surroundings sans the Mormon influence? Utah is definitely out of the picture, and I'm hoping Idaho has some areas. Boise is too big for me, any other suggestions?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:54 AM

804 posts, read 2,891,278 times
Northern Idaho. Go check out the Coeur d'Alene area. It is not a on 'Mormon Lock Down'. The Mormons I know in N. Idaho are friendly and not nearly as pushy as some the closer you get to Utah.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 633 times
Default How did this turn out?

Hatehumidity..... I am quite interested in this incident. Can you tell me how this turned out? I am in agreement that at the face of your concern is inequity and unprofessional conduct of HR and the hiring and promotional process. I am not a County employee. I do however have the ability to investigate your experience and put forth policy change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatehumidity View Post
I applied for a position with the Twin Falls Sheriff's office. I am more than qualified for the position. This was a non-entry Supervisor lateral position. All three candidates were informed to be at the City Hall for written testing at 0900 hrs in the morning followed by Oral Board/Personal Interviews beginning at 1000 hrs. All was explained in an email that gave the candidates a two day notice of testing by the proctor of the testing. Two local persons and I coming from Florida. I frantically researched and got a flight out to Salt Lake City and drove four hours to Twin Falls arriving at 0400 hrs in the morning. I slept two hours and dressed for the testing. I arrived at City Hall at approximately 0850 hrs for the test at 0900 hrs. I was told by an City Hall Clerk that the test proctor would arrive directly. I waited approximately 10 minutes for said proctor. The proctor arrived and led me down a flight of stairs to an empty room excluding chairs and tables and test booklets. The proctor and I chatted for about 7-8 minutes more when the proctor gave me the test booklet and stated "you can begin if you wish while we wait for the other two participants." I stated to the proctor "I should win this position by default since the other participants were late which was about 30 minutes by this time. All past tests in basic testing and or promotional testings are to begin at set strict set times for ethical, fair testing. Once more we chatted the proctor and I for another 5 minutes or so. One more time I stated " I should win this by default because all of us were notified at the same time for this testing with the same information (the email). The proctor began calling on his cell phone trying to find where the other participants were, he spoke to someone asking to get one of the participants phone number which I suspect was Human Resources and he dialed that number reaching that participant telling him that the test began. I heard that the participant thought the test was to begin at 1000 hrs, the proctor stated to this participant that the guy from Florida made it on time and all the participants received the same email that read the testing to begin at 0900 hrs. All Law Enforcement positions require individuals to be detail orient and procedurally individuals need to be punctual and efficient due to the nature,danger of the work, if you violate these policies and procedures you risk Staff,Visitors, and or the common citizen being hurt or possibly killed followed by sanctions against you by your Agency for your failure in carrying out your duty. The proctor once again dialed his cell phone and directly reach that participant and asked that person where they were. As I over heard this other call the proctor once again asked a late participant 'di you receive the email stating that the test was at 0900 hrs and he once again stated the guy from Florida made it on time. I began taking the test at approximately 0935 hrs. Approximately 10 minutes later or even more at least one other participant arrived and began taking the test. Ok, now all proper and fair ethical test taking rules were broken, whom would you complain to since the job was given to one of the late participants? The Sheriff? The Commissioner's at City Hall? Someone at the State level? or should I just absorb this as a just an old boy's club and get over it? also consider this job market during this economy also consider that each person as like qualifications or near. Sorry for the length of this but I need to rectify this atrocity. Any advice or suggestions without flaming me are welcome. Thank you in advance. Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho