Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:39 PM

6 posts, read 23,464 times

Advertisements

In addition to relocating to CDA, we have also considered Spirit Lake and the surrounding areas. I didn't find a lot of threads on Spirit Lake. What is the area like? Weather-snow, rain etc. It seems to be fairly inexpensive as compared to other bigger cities like Sandpoint and CDA. Does anyone know about the quality of schools there? What are any thoughts of commuting from Spirit Lake to Sandpoint for employment? Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 12:37 PM

47 posts, read 289,359 times
It has been a while since I was there but Spirit Lake's climate is just like CDA/Sandpoint. You're right the area hasn't been as populated as CDA/Sandpoint, but I'm sure that will change soon. Spirit Lake is in the Rathdrum/Lakeland school District and I've been told (10 yrs ago) this is a fine school district to be in. The commute would be 30-45 minutes, but in the winter it might be a little scary.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:22 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
You won't want to commute to SP...as Trouthunter says, about 30-45 minutes summer. Could be double that in the winter.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:35 PM

777 posts, read 3,197,650 times
What type of work do you do? Sandpoint is mostly tourist type businesses.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 PM

Distribution. So we could have put a warehouse anywhere in a business-friendly state, but this area had so much to offer.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:00 AM

33 posts, read 182,883 times
I live in Spirit Lake, and let me tell you, the climate is NOT THE SAME AS CD'A!!!!!! We get a lot more precipitation than they do...it could be nice in all the KC, but it'll be raining in Spirit Lake. I think it is because of the mountain. And we get way way way more snow than they do in Cd'A, PF or even Athol. We'll still have snow in late April whereas Cd'A's snow will be gone by February. The town itself is okay, I guess, there are some strange people, but oddly enough, the town is not as republican as you'd expect a rural (although technically we are in a metro area) would be. It is very fairly democratic. The schools are good; there are lots of gay students at the high school (Timberlake)...I just graduated from there, and no joke, at least 10% of the school is openly gay or lesbian (although mostly lesbian).

Overall, it is an okay town, and the drive to Cd'A is about 30 minutes (honestly, during the winter it is only about 5 minutes longer), 10 minutes to Rathdrum, 20 to PF and 30 to the Spokane Valley.

In the coming years, it is going to get a lot bigger. So buy your house and land while it is still cheap!!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_ferreira View Post
or lesbian (although mostly lesbian).
Nothing wrong with that from a guys perspective Just kidding. Don't flame me I just couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_ferreira View Post
Overall, it is an okay town, and the drive to Cd'A is about 30 minutes (honestly, during the winter it is only about 5 minutes longer), 10 minutes to Rathdrum, 20 to PF and 30 to the Spokane Valley.

In the coming years, it is going to get a lot bigger. So buy your house and land while it is still cheap!!
That's my plan...buy ASAP. I gotta look between Athol and Sandpoint to be able to make a commute for work. I feel north of Sandpoint is just not going to work unfortunately

Old 08-10-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOU-CANT-EAT-SCENERY View Post
What type of work do you do? Sandpoint is mostly tourist type businesses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Distribution. So we could have put a warehouse anywhere in a business-friendly state, but this area had so much to offer.
I don't know if you were answering me or not but I was actually asking Marcie

Old 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM

Eh, no worries. I just read it wrong.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 PM

6 posts, read 23,464 times
Default Spirit Lake feedback

We are in the government line of work. It seems like many people commute to Spokane since the city is bigger and there are more job opportunities. We are not opposed to a reasonable commute. I guess living the CDA area would be better for the commute to Spokane??? Any help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho