Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 08:30 PM

89 posts, read 174,418 times

Advertisements

Greetings! OK, I'll get straight to the point. I'm that type of person - say what you mean and mean what you say... I'm wanting to relocate from Florida to Idaho! Ideally,1 hour in any direction of Boise, Idaho to be near daughter and grandchildren. Been looking for over 8 months, working with several Realtors ( not under contract ) and STILL haven't found what I'm looking for. With all the " news " about the falling/failing housing markets WHERE ARE THE BARGAINS!!!!!!!!!!! You know what they say about buying or selling Real Estate LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Here are my needs 1) 10 acres or more - bringing 20 Horses with me. 2) No CC&R's 3) Safe comfortable house with garage, outbuilding, barn etc in good working shape. NOTHING FANCY, just well taken care of property not in any immediate need of repairs 3) Irrigation and flat fertile land suitable for pastures. Agricultural area is good. Close to all the hay I'll need for soo many mouths to feed...4) Again, within 1 hour in any direction of Boise for family, medical care, shopping, etc. 5) must be within my budget $ 300 -500. Know what that amount will by in Florida right now? Large acreage with a small Mansion! What I have found are areas too remote, OLD Frame OR Manufactured homes in need of major updating or repairs. I've become so discouraged that I even extended my search to the Oregon/Idaho border. Brainstorming here, but my dream is to start a weekend Equine Trail riding business for the " city folk " to experince horses. Gotta find a way for them to earn their keep... SOOO being bordered by BLM would be great, but close enough that the travel distance would not be burden for potential customers. Also, night rides with food, campfire and music. I would need to tap into the local talent. Maybe even " summer camp" for the kids. So what advice, suggestions and creative comments do you offer? Does this type of business seem profitable? Know of any suitable proerties to fit my needs? Thanks for letting me share. I feel better already...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
Hey that sounds like a great concept. Kind of reminds me of Bogus Creek Outfitters. See this website: The Valley (broken link).

I looked up a couple of listings with your specs in mind, I can email them to you, PM me your email address and I will forward them to you.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,843 times
I lust for this one myself but out of my price range.
Go for it and when you move there teach me how to not fall off a horse.

3404 Toms Cabin Rd, Emmett, ID, 83617 - MLS ID#98392003 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® (http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3404-Toms-Cabin-Rd_Emmett_ID_83617_1106955913 - broken link)

Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,909 times
I think your business idea's sound very cool myself... Also you wont go wrong having Torrie help you out in your hunt. If she cant find it, its probably not there Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: