Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:32 PM

161 posts, read 396,401 times

Advertisements

Hayden lake,one of best smallmouth fishing in the area. Can catch them on anything, Senko 3-5inch, are what I use. Big enough so it's not crowded, small enough that you can get around on a small boat. Might be able to rent a boat at Toblers Marina...rent a Pontoon and the wife can get some sun while you fish

St. Joe river east of Avery or North Fork of CDA river both are great fly fishing spots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 04:53 PM

27 posts, read 49,153 times
Thank you all.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 PM

804 posts, read 2,891,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *** and Pig View Post
I'm coming to Coeur d'Alene in late July to sample the fishing. Flies and lures only. No trolling and no bait. Catch and release. I'll be there about a week. I'm wanting to fish lakes, rivers and streams. Any kind of fish that'll take an artificial cast to them. My wife is coming with me. Please help with the following. Respond to any or all:

1.Where to stay in a hotel or motel. Nice but not extravagant.

2.Which lakes, streams and rivers would you fish? Not looking for your hot spot. Just names in general.

3.Where can I rent a small fishing boat with, say, a 15 to 25 hp motor and trolling motor to fish Coeur d' Alene?

4.Is there a good fly shop or tackle shop in the area that I can base out of that will sell me the right flies and lures and point me in the right direction?

5.What activities would my wife enjoy while I'm on the water? She doesn't fish. We get together in the afternoons after I fish.

6.We're flying into Spokane and will rent a car. Can I get by with a small economy car or do I need a high clearance 4wd?
Didn't we go in depth on a fishing report for you last year??
As far as the fishing call Fins and Feathers and ask them whats hot about a week before you get here. 208-667-9304 www.fins1.com

You can do just fine with a regular car. Even if you head up the Coeur d'Alene river most of it is paved and the gravel parts are fine for a car.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:07 PM

382 posts, read 1,032,634 times
Stop feeding this guy. Don't you realize that there will be hundreds of people hitting up all the sweet spots? Let them figure it out like the rest of us did! Get out there and explore! No one and I mean no one has ever given me the secret sweet spot to hunt elk or fish. You gotta earn it...

Old 06-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Oh chill out. I have no problem helping someone on a general area where to go. Nothing is a real secret anymore anyway.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:06 PM

Um nothing is a secret anymore really? Well I wonder why? If you do not protect what you love who will? Part of being an outdoors-men is actually going outdoors. And loving the land you are in. I personally love my secret spots. I never see anyone where I go and that is because I will not give away where I am going...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:56 PM

I don't tell everyone exactly where I am going or where to go. But nothing is wrong with pointing them in the right direction.
Maybe it comes from working in a tackle shop for so long or just geting a good guy but I am always willing to help out someone who is just begining or new to the area and will get them to an area that will be decent to good hunting and fishing. From there they can take it on their own and explore the region.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:38 PM

Oh I hear ya. I have spent 20 years fishing with my father and everyone wants to be a nice guy. The reason I quit telling people where to go was when I told a guy my fave fishing hole and he told everyone! You wanna be nice but at what cost? Can't wait to get back to my woods next weekend...

Old 06-24-2012, 06:43 PM

I understand that.. I dont tell people my particul spots. there are plenty of spots they can go that will yield fish or game.
I have been the recepient of a couple 'secret spots' from guys bragging about where they shot an elk or show elk, etc. They thought they were still being 'sly' in describing the area but we figured it out. One case in particular led to about a 5 mile stalk of a bull elk but we got him in the end... then a few days later that guy comes back in complaining about how he hadnt seen that huge bull. oops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho