U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 PM

148 posts, read 117,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post

Dog Beach is mentioned (too bad it isn't very nice, apparently), and in addition to that there's Lakeview Park on Ontario by Memorial Field (near where the festival will be), and also Hickory St Park one block west of Boyer. The Kootenai dog park is listed, too. So it's not as bleak as we thought!
To be fair, I just want to add, it was mid-June when we went last summer. The high lake waters were just beginning to recede and things weren't all that hopping, so to speak, for the summer season. We didn't go back the rest of the summer and obviously haven't been up that way yet this year, so maybe it has changed and it was cleaned up a bit since then. I'm hoping anyway. I know that the construction around it definitely doesn't make it all that easy to get to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 06:35 PM

121 posts, read 126,146 times
USAFRACER lighten up Francis.................... most people take care of their dogs and cleanup after them and leash them. As far as the dog beach.. it is very hard to get to (i'm not even sure you can right now) and don't always want "wet dog" getting back in car, etc... it is very hard to find parks to walk them so I take them in the forest...you see dogs walking on leash with owner in downtown Sandpoint alot, just no parks for them...

Old 07-02-2012, 11:03 AM

13,104 posts, read 6,450,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
We don't raise sheep any more (thank you Lord) so it seemed silly to keep ranch on the end. But the river is still here and it has plenty of mist in this weather, so MistyRiver it still is. But you all can call me Lisa.
"Lisa"? What happened to "that wild redhead in the Jeep"?

Oh, and congrats on no more sheep...there were stories circulating about your husband. But then you're not from Montana...

I might be up your way this evening. The ADV motorcycle community has this "tag" game, you get a pic of your bike at some recognizable place and post a pic. Next person gets a pic at the same place, then repeats the process at another spot. It's at the Green Owl right now...might have to try for Baldy tonight.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 07-02-2012 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-03-2012, 12:29 AM

2,867 posts, read 3,272,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"Lisa"? What happened to "that wild redhead in the Jeep"?

Oh, and congrats on no more sheep...there were stories circulating about your husband. But then you're not from Montana...

I might be up your way this evening. The ADV motorcycle community has this "tag" game, you get a pic of your bike at some recognizable place and post a pic. Next person gets a pic at the same place, then repeats the process at another spot. It's at the Green Owl right now...might have to try for Baldy tonight.
We were up at the lake! I haven't even been in the new Green Owl. What did you think?
Still the wild redhead in the jeep, and you can continue calling me Misty...though it does make me sound kind of....blonde.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
We were up at the lake! I haven't even been in the new Green Owl. What did you think?
Still the wild redhead in the jeep, and you can continue calling me Misty...though it does make me sound kind of....blonde.
LOL. I got my pic at the Green Owl, but they were closed. I do like their new advertising:

I was looking for a redhead, a Jeep or "Spinner", didn't see either. It looks like they extended the tarmac quite a ways. I went out by way of Peninsula Road, back down Eastside Cutoff. I always liked Eastside, it's a pretty ride. Really should have aired the tires down a bit...I had them aired up from running slab from Wallace last weekend. Lots of air pressure in bike tires makes loose gravel a bit more interesting than necessary.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
LOL. I got my pic at the Green Owl, but they were closed. I do like their new advertising:

I was looking for a redhead, a Jeep or "Spinner", didn't see either. It looks like they extended the tarmac quite a ways. I went out by way of Peninsula Road, back down Eastside Cutoff. I always liked Eastside, it's a pretty ride. Really should have aired the tires down a bit...I had them aired up from running slab from Wallace last weekend. Lots of air pressure in bike tires makes loose gravel a bit more interesting than necessary.
We're farther north of Eastside Cutoff. "Spinner" (Guinness) has been slacking lately...he's getting old.
We were up at Cavanaugh Bay this evening. Someone had something bad happen, they brought in a Lifeflight helicopter to the airstrip and took someone out. Other than that it was a lovely evening, it's amazing how nice that place is now.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
We're farther north of Eastside Cutoff. "Spinner" (Guinness) has been slacking lately...he's getting old.
We were up at Cavanaugh Bay this evening. Someone had something bad happen, they brought in a Lifeflight helicopter to the airstrip and took someone out. Other than that it was a lovely evening, it's amazing how nice that place is now.
Cavanaughs is pretty nice. Wifey and I stopped in last year on our anni while on a ride around Priest Lake. 'twas a great day, still warm enough to eat out on the patio. They were closed for quite some time though, back early last year or late the year before. Time's sort of a blur.

There used to be a resturant in "downtown" Coulin, right on the lake by the boat ramps. They were also closed....do you happen to know if they opened back up.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Cavanaughs is pretty nice. Wifey and I stopped in last year on our anni while on a ride around Priest Lake. 'twas a great day, still warm enough to eat out on the patio. They were closed for quite some time though, back early last year or late the year before. Time's sort of a blur.

There used to be a resturant in "downtown" Coulin, right on the lake by the boat ramps. They were also closed....do you happen to know if they opened back up.
No, it's not open and though they do plan to open it again eventually, it won't be till the economy gets better. The same guy who owns the marina next door owns the oldrestaurant building.

The old Cavanaugh's closed when the owners lost possession a few years ago. Then one of the managers from Hill's and his wife bought it and redid the place. They have the most beautiful condos for rent there and they just bought the old cabins across the parking lot.

Last edited by mistyriver; 07-03-2012 at 08:57 PM..

Old 07-08-2012, 03:33 PM

37 posts, read 48,098 times
There are lots of areas to walk dogs on a leash, and they even provide doggie doo bags, cans to dumps the bags in, and stations with water bowls. I am not sure what you expect in the way of being dog friendly. Allowing countless dogs to run loose all over the place wouldn't be fair to anyone.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 AM

3,775 posts, read 4,326,170 times
That's true--and several restaurants allow well-behaved dogs on their patio. They'll even bring water bowls for the pooch. But if a dog owner is looking for a dog park per se, there are not many options. Dog parks aren't just for allowing the dog to run loose, but also for socializing with other dogs off leash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho