Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 AM

16 posts, read 150,152 times

Advertisements

You may have seen some of my other threads posted about relocating because of my husbands job, well here is another option that is actually looking pretty promising. I need to know as much as possiblke about Moscow Idaho. There is a very good posibility that we will be moving her or to Lewiston or possibly even Clarkston Wa.

I need to know about the schools/system, housing (for buying and rentals) crime rates (from what I have seen it looks pretty good) what kind of stores/shopping is there, what is the tax rate (since in Oregon we don't have sales tax, this is going to be something new to us, what is the community/neighborhood like, what kind of activities are that for kids (we have 4 girls 13,11,2 and 4mos), ya know things that you take into consideration when you are relocating to a new state with a family. I need to know as much as possible. Thanks for any and all help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 03:27 PM

no body can tell me anything!?

Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Peaches,

You should search for this location. There have been plenty of conversations about this college town. I give it a huge thumbs up. Great place to raise a family. But we've sort of been through this one an awful lot this year so I think many people expect you to do a search and then ask questions that you DON'T find answers to in your search.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Peaches,

You should search for this location. There have been plenty of conversations about this college town. I give it a huge thumbs up. Great place to raise a family. But we've sort of been through this one an awful lot this year so I think many people expect you to do a search and then ask questions that you DON'T find answers to in your search.
yes well i'm still new to this whole thing, not sure how to do searches well yet. plus i'd like to hear from people that have actually been there or lived there. i have done some research online on other websites and what i have seen is good, but i wanted to hear from the "locals" if you will. i will check out the searching a little more. thanks

Old 10-05-2007, 11:47 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,835,426 times
Here was a quick search results page:

City-Data Forum - Search Results

Hope it helps...

Old 10-06-2007, 12:27 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,885,078 times
Hello again Peaches!
Let me just say that Moscow is a MUCH better decision than Lewiston. I would still rather live on the Oregon coast (Newport is number two on my list of fave places of all time) but Moscow really is a sweet little town. It's a nice size, plus a short drive from another similarly size town, Pullman. There are universities on both sides, and from what I hear the school system is good. All in all, a nice little liberal arts community perfect for raising kids. I'd go for it.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 8,547 times
After a nationwide search, we picked Moscow as the place to raise our family, based upon all the quality of life items you just mentioned above.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:31 PM

3 posts, read 20,164 times
Default moscow

we are moving to moscow to raise our kids it us were my husband grew up. i like the slower pace of life and that you can get anywhere in less then 10min. lots of outdoor activities in both winter and summer.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:43 PM

3 posts, read 20,164 times
also lewiston and clarkston are both much bigger and have nothing of the small town feel not to mention moscow is in the palouse with beautiful views of rolling hills and mountains. our friends over there with children love the school system. when there we visit lewiston area for the costco and the latger aquatic center with the wave pool and inside pools for winter time. we love the summertime aquatic center in moscow. also if you desire to do some real shopping with wide variety and competition be prepared to drive an hour or so to spokane. moscow did however just get a new bed bath & beyond and old navy to there mall which is nice for some shopping it has maybe 20-30 stores. one thing missing in moscow: really good italian and seafood resteraunt. it also seems that the college demand for rentals keep the prices higher then in similar small towns but the college also brings so many benefits to the community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho