Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 10:45 AM

446 posts, read 709,189 times

Advertisements

Anyone?

Looking for someone who is very skilled, knowledgeable and really cares about animals.

Non-crazy prices would be a plus. It's been my experience that the more expensive vets provide worse service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 AM

414 posts, read 1,094,769 times
I have had very positive experiences with Prairie Animal Hospital, and I would highly recommend Dr. Mary Widman. She's a cat lover and has treated four of my parents' cats as well as my cat.

We've always been treated very fairly by the staff there and the charges have been very reasonable. Once I became concerned because my cat developed a welt a few weeks after he'd been in for his yearly checkup. I took him back in and it was determined that he was just having a skin reaction to one of his immunizations, and no charge was made.

One of the owner doctors, an older man--perhaps Dr. David Tester? (It was awhile ago) He worked with one of my parents' cats for an emergency exam and Dr. Widman wasn't available. He was just as wonderful as she was. Otherwise I can't speak for the other vets there, because I always schedule with Dr. Widman.

Office staff can be hit and miss. I had one try to tell me once that Dr. Widman couldn't be scheduled for "just a feline exam." I insisted, and she relented. Turned out that Dr. Widman was just completely booked with surgeries for awhile, and I had to take an appointment a few weeks out for my cat's annual. No biggie.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 PM

446 posts, read 709,189 times
Bump.

Seriously, that's it? One reply? Don't people in Idaho have cats?

I heard Justin Roscoe was good, but he's moved from the Prairie ave clinic to the other end of town.

I'm at 95 and Prairie and don't need a really close vet. But don't want to travel that any further than I have to, either.

So. Cat vets? Anyone?

Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 PM

159 posts, read 354,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS35a View Post
Bump.

Seriously, that's it? One reply? Don't people in Idaho have cats?

I heard Justin Roscoe was good, but he's moved from the Prairie ave clinic to the other end of town.

I'm at 95 and Prairie and don't need a really close vet. But don't want to travel that any further than I have to, either.

So. Cat vets? Anyone?
I have taken my animals to Prairie Animal Hospital since 1996. Dr. Mary Widman and Dr. David Tester are the vets that I would recommend. They took very good care of my cats and dogs. I have not had any bad experiences with any of the other vets that work there.

Sorry, I can't offer other recommendations.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 PM

170 posts, read 463,044 times
I've taken my dog to Hayden Pet; needed Post Falls Emergency; and have continued using Prairie Animal Hospital. I have a friend who swears by Mountain View Vet Clinic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho