Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:09 PM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times

Advertisements

You might check out the Emmett area (just outside of Boise). It is at the base of some small mountains and they grow a lot of fruit (apples, pears, apricots, grapes, etc.) Nice small town and quick to hop into Boise to get a bigger city fix and then to the airport if you want a real big city fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM

4 posts, read 12,753 times
Thanks guys! Being from Western Washington..... I just have to live somewhere GREEN

I see a nice spread for sale in Deary right now....

Old 05-05-2016, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 660 times
Hey St Maries Idaho resident- Can you give me an estimate on the last frost date in Spring and the first frost in Fall in your area? I am currently looking for land for my organic farming business. I'm interested in some I see listed for sale online specifically because of their remoteness and tree surround. Data I have found online is conflicting. I appreciate any info you can share.
C. Kenyon

Old 05-06-2016, 07:30 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,138 times
The web site Tips and Advice on Outdoor Gardening, Flower Gardens, Plants, & Seeds - Dave's Garden has a tool that allows you to find last/first frost dates for any zip code and desired probability. For example, it will give the date in the spring after which there is a 90% probability of no more frost. I found it very useful in our search for a retirement location.

Dave

Old 05-07-2016, 10:30 AM

349 posts, read 1,039,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyonorganics View Post
Hey St Maries Idaho resident- Can you give me an estimate on the last frost date in Spring and the first frost in Fall in your area? I am currently looking for land for my organic farming business. I'm interested in some I see listed for sale online specifically because of their remoteness and tree surround. Data I have found online is conflicting. I appreciate any info you can share.
C. Kenyon
About 2 weeks ago we saw the last frost, so everyone has gotten started on planting. We have a thing here that once the snow melts off Baldy Mountain it is safe to plant lol, but I would say normally by the second week of May the last frost has happened and fall frost is a little harder to guess I have seen it stay in the 80's during the day and 50 at night thru October but then sometimes it has frosted as early as first week October so I would say that is the norm here is first of October but it will go further into October sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho