Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times

Advertisements

I really didn't think you meant it in a derogatory way, Sage. Your note gave me a reason to explain things from the MH side. For a look at real world impacts money has on MH ook at the survey I mentioned. It got my blood boiling! Save $ and lives. Support mental health services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 PM

8 posts, read 11,945 times
Default More Info

I found this today and if anyone attends it, will you please post your experience on this forum?

Gun rally planned in Coeur d'Alene | KREM.com Spokane

This is also interesting; they printed a brochure for Idaho residents, in cooperation with the Idaho Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence, that lists 6 steps to protect yourself, if you have been threatened with a gun in a domestic violence situation. Here is a hotline number: 800-799-SAFE.

Americans for Gun Safety Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sage: I believe you are a real American hero and I hope you are enjoying all the peace and happiness that you have earned and thank you for your continued service.

Last edited by fishinidaho70; 01-18-2013 at 05:00 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinidaho70 View Post
I found this today and if anyone attends it, will you please post your experience on this forum?

Gun rally planned in Coeur d'Alene | KREM.com Spokane

I'm heading down later, will post about it when I get back.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM

201 posts, read 469,844 times
Its called the bill of rights. We can not let are rights be eroded. I have no desire to own a assault weapon and I am not in any way a "gun nut". But it is right that I can not let the Government start to infringe upon. I understand and agree that you can lose these rights but if you start losing these rights even though you did nothing wrong and have been respectful and responsible with these rights. Today a limit on 10 round clips, tomorrow any semi auto, the next day ?. I am 47 years old and have never been to political rally of any kind but I will be at Black sheep today at 1pm. Just 1 Idahoans opinion.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:21 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Sheriff pledges to protect Second Amendment - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, bonner county, daryl wheeler, second amendment, gun control

Bonner Ct Sheriff weighs in on the 2nd amendment.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 PM

20 posts, read 89,586 times
I lived in Idaho in the late 70s, and may be moving back. I'd like to caution people about the "mentally ill" issue in owning a gun. I've seen things reportedly being said by the administration that could cause the "mental illness" diagnosis to spread to everyone who disagrees with anything whatsoever coming out of D.C. Patriots are being called "terrorists" on the MSM, and certain children's shows are teaching that those at the original Boston Tea Party were terrorists. I'm sure the government would love to rule out guns for terrorists.

Don't even mentally ill people have the right to self-protection? I realize there's a line that could be crossed if they are "criminally" ill, and I think that is different, but what would the Founding Fathers have said about this? There just can't be any compromise on "shall not infringe". I don't personally have a gun, never have had, and may not ever have one, but I'm not so sure we aren't right at the threshhold of possible tyranny with the current administration. There are still survivors from Nazi Germany and Austria, and it can be googled, they have written articles on how the U.S. is going down the same path Germany did in the early 1930s, and they're warning us that we're getting uncomfortably close. Also, why are there articles saying China has "demanded" the disarmament of U.S. citizens? There are many, many sites with this article posted, but here is one of them: Chinese State Media Demands US Citizens Be Disarmed

Someone has said:
"The Second Amendment does not say anything about 'guns'. What it does say is 'arms'. How many armaments are already prohibited? Knives, nunchucks, shuriken, saps, asps, 105 mm Howitzer, etc?

"They took away your right a long time ago by concentrating on things that most people didn’t really care about. Now it is the final push. There is no line to be drawn. You’re fighting the final battle."

Old 01-22-2013, 07:39 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorInOr View Post
, and certain children's shows are teaching that those at the original Boston Tea Party were terrorists. huriken, saps, asps, 105 mm Howitzer, etc?
Which children's shows?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Here was an article about the rally Saturday. It's actually decent reporting, not a lot of editoralizing.

The gun debate - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News

Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 PM

20 posts, read 89,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Which children's shows?
I heard it on the radio, and they didn't give specifics, but I remember they menntioned CSCOPE, which is a children's education system. My kids are grown now, so I don't know the details of what's in the system for this anymore.

The subliminal messages in children's shows and advertising going all the way back to the 50s is just astonishing to realize now. There's a lot about it on youtube that can be googled.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM

117 posts, read 249,123 times
I agree with Sage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho