Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:11 PM

181 posts, read 435,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden_is View Post
I think a lot of these people are coming from prejudiced, overpopulated, and unfriendly metropolitan areas where they have in some way felt unwanted or unwelcome. But I agree, just reading the responses from locals in this forum on various topics shows how friendly Idaho can be. Besides, you can't judge a place from reading about it.
Bingo......

Old 04-07-2013, 02:39 PM

4 posts, read 11,325 times
I assumed as much, but I wanted to put it out there to see if any other Jewish families in the area had any personal experiences to share. Thanks for all the feedback!

Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 AM

161 posts, read 396,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
I really don't understand why these posts keep happening...? If your observant/non-observant/an alien from pluto, we don't care as long as you don't try to change the great thing we have going here. It seems like we have had a lot of these post's lately that can be solved by searching.
hehe, my friends in California are still surprised that I haven't been lynched up here . It's AMAZING what people outside of Idaho think of the area. Seriously, it's bizarre. Lasting impressions of the marches in the past? Dunno. They think we walk around with rifles slung over our shoulders and guns on our hips...hmmm maybe not so off there hehe!

Old 03-25-2014, 09:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,235 times
Default Jews in NYC are more oppressed the in idaho

In NYC Jews live in crown heights surrounded by vile anti-Semitic blacks, who rape and rob Jews often. In NYC Jews get abortions at huge rates. In NYC Jews go to public schools where their kids are severely bullied by non whites. Soooooooooo Idaho can't be that bad for Jews can it?

Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,235 times
You post is INSULTING to the people of IDAHO! If your NON observant then you're just a WHITE person and unless you TELL someone, no one will know your Jewish. Do you wear a huge yellow star on your jacket? Last time I checked large Jewish cities like NYC and LA PERSECUTE CHRISTIANS! When I lived in NYC everyone was a complete a-hole and I can assure you that Idaho is a millions times better.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:00 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Haha! Reading the posts, the political stereotypes creep through. Conservatives don't get to keep that fine state all to themselves, by God! Oregon liberal here. I'd love to "invade" N. Idaho to be near my Dad, and all that great country. If I could land a job there, I'd move there in a heartbeat. Personally, I don't give a damn whether anyone likes my politics, creed, ethnicity, or whatever, it's a free country, and I'll go where the mood strikes me. Not saying Idahoans are racist. I don't think they are, but there seem to be a lot of I would guess new immigrants who want to make the state some sort of conservatopia. Just like the militant liberals (also usually from afar) want to rule this state. I think it is more healthy to mix it up.

To the op: If you like the place and can pull your own weight, go wherever you like!

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 03-26-2014 at 08:20 AM..

Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Haha! Reading the posts, the political stereotypes creep through. Conservatives don't get to keep that fine state all to themselves, by God! Oregon liberal here. I'd love to "invade" N. Idaho to be near my Dad, and all that great country. If I could land a job there, I'd move there in a heartbeat. Personally, I don't give a damn whether anyone likes my politics, creed, ethnicity, or whatever, it's a free country, and I'll go where the mood strikes me. Not saying Idahoans are racist. I don't think they are, but there seem to be a lot of I would guess new immigrants who want to make the state some sort of conservatopia. Just like the militant liberals (also usually from afar) want to rule this state. I think it is more healthy to mix it up.

To the op: If you like the place and can pull your own weight, go wherever you like!

Old 03-26-2014, 11:49 AM

274 posts, read 471,691 times
tyriuokmhg must be a troll. The OP has not posted anything in the forums in almost a year. The great outdoors, that is what we all have in common, regardless of "political leanings". Like Fiddlehead said: "If you like the place and can pull your own weight, go wherever you like!"

Old 03-27-2014, 12:09 AM

25 posts, read 35,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden_is View Post
I think a lot of these people are coming from prejudiced, overpopulated, and unfriendly metropolitan areas where they have in some way felt unwanted or unwelcome. But I agree, just reading the responses from locals in this forum on various topics shows how friendly Idaho can be. Besides, you can't judge a place from reading about it.
Now that is just statistically inaccurate. Anti-Jewish (I think the other term is outdated) if, and when there is any, is far more prevalent in small areas, which is why the OP asked. It typically does NOT happen in 'overpopulated metropolitan' areas....such as New York and California, ect.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:16 AM

25 posts, read 35,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

Haha! I guess we should tell the Hawaiians on Niihau they don't get to keep that fine island all to themselves either.

So, go where the mood strikes you, but don't whine when you aren't made to feel welcome. Personally, everyone I know who has moved to Idaho goes there to congregate among 'like-minded' people. If you aren't conservative, pro-gun, even white (and no that's not a dirty word!) I wouldn't expect to be made to feel welcome. Just like I wouldn't expect to be made to feel welcome on a Native American reservation, and that's located in a free country too.

I think it's selfish to try and 'mix it up' in an area where you know folks moved there to get away from that alternative lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with wanting your own "reservation" too. Try calling a Native American racist and see how far you get....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho