Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 PM

4 posts, read 11,270 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

We are a young Jewish (not observant) family contemplating a possible move to CDA. Can anyone share if anti-semitism is something we should be concerned with in CDA?? We currently live in a very Jewish-friendly area of the US; therefore, any form of discrimination is foreign to us and we would prefer not to raise our young kids in a place they would experience hostility or racism. We do have a choice in this move so any information you could share would be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM

2,220 posts, read 3,852,955 times
I'm not aware of any issues in the area.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 AM

117 posts, read 248,145 times
I have not heard anything discriminating while living here. My husband and I cannot get over how friendly everyone is. We came from a very big divided road rage city. lol

CDA has been a wonderful blessing. We especially moved here for a our son. The kids seem very friendly and even the parents when we're at parks and such. Random people just start talking to you. I love it! They also have lots of activities to do for the family. Parades around the holidays and music in the park etc. I love the community feel.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 PM

39,793 posts, read 26,288,398 times
I can't speak for everyone, but I have trouble imagining any problem. People in the area are very friendly and accommodating with people of all races and religions. Now, having an anti gun sticker or a PETA one on your rig might be a different story!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:47 PM

294 posts, read 540,260 times
You will be fine here. If you are pro big government you will run into some trouble. Other than that, most people here don't care about much.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:14 PM

181 posts, read 434,313 times
I'd say you would be more than welcomed here as most folks are Christains and see Jews as brothers and sisters. Most folks here are live and let live, we don't care much about your faith just how you treat others. As mentioned if you are a big government type and are vociferous about it you won't make many friends.

In reality you will be safer here in CDA than just about any big city you can name.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:26 PM

414 posts, read 1,088,904 times
As everyone else has said, I couldn't imagine there would be a problem. I haven't heard of public anti-semitism or anti-Jewish hostility toward anyone in North Idaho.

It may be due in part to North Idaho's (undeserved) reputation for racism, as expressed through the Aryan Nations compound, which was driven out of the area many years ago. In general people around here respond against even a hint of racism quickly and decisively. Every once in a long while racism will rear up from a handful of idiots, and it is promptly smacked down with public outrage and ridicule.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:57 AM

65 posts, read 151,948 times
If you are not observant, why would anybody even notice? If you were observant, is there something that would be noticed about you in public? I guess I don't understand what the problem/s would be regardless of where you live. Please explain. Are you being treated badly where you are now? You shouldn't have any problems in Idaho.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:19 AM

820 posts, read 1,729,240 times
I really don't understand why these posts keep happening...? If your observant/non-observant/an alien from pluto, we don't care as long as you don't try to change the great thing we have going here. It seems like we have had a lot of these post's lately that can be solved by searching.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:51 PM

332 posts, read 480,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
I really don't understand why these posts keep happening...? If your observant/non-observant/an alien from pluto, we don't care as long as you don't try to change the great thing we have going here. It seems like we have had a lot of these post's lately that can be solved by searching.
I think a lot of these people are coming from prejudiced, overpopulated, and unfriendly metropolitan areas where they have in some way felt unwanted or unwelcome. But I agree, just reading the responses from locals in this forum on various topics shows how friendly Idaho can be. Besides, you can't judge a place from reading about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho