Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:30 AM

40 posts, read 157,767 times

Advertisements

Hey there everybody! I just want to let every one on here that I am not soliciting or trying to make a sale of my house via city-data.com. But I do not want to lose my house either!
I have had it for 3 years now and subcontracted almost all of the work. I just need to get relocated and resituated with a new life. My house has been on the market for 2 years now and have had no luck. We had the price originally at 630,000 and in the last 2 years it sits now at 450,000. OUCH!!! I cant really go any lower on it because of the hit that I have already have had.
The only quirks about the house is the 75ft driveway that raises about 10 ft. It gets tricky in the winter if you dont keep up on it. But I or any of my family have never had any issues since it is kept up on.
Next thing is that it is 3 floors all with a combined square footage of 3590sq/ft. So we have had people complain about too many stairs. Even though realistcally all 3 floor house have the same amount of steps just depending on the ceiling heights.
It sits on a half acre just on the out skirts of town and over looks the city's and Lakes and River. It is in on of the most desirable area's in Coeur d Alene! I just dont know WHY the house isnt selling!

I have had 2 different agents and now I am just at a loss! So I just need to know has there been anything that anybody has done on here that has had a house sitting on the market for a while and got it to sell? I am open for all options except to drop the price more. The appraisle comes in at about 525,000! So dropping it is just not the way to go! Now I am in an area where I have house values from 425k-2million with in the same block. So there is deffinately some divercity(sp) there!

If any of you want a link to view it let me know! I would love for you to view it and tell me what you think!

But the house really needs to go because I am 25 years old and live in it by myself there now and the payments are really starting to kill me! So any help or advise would be GREATLY appriciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 02:44 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,843 times
Just a thought but advertise in San Diego news paper or Craigs List.
I bet with all the fires down there some people might be looking to relocate to a place that might not burn as often.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:14 PM

121 posts, read 738,017 times
Definitely advertise nationally. You won't sell a house like that very fast through local agents. Try southern CA for a start. Also the east coast.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
There is a Sell this home message board on HGTV that will look at your house pictures link and tell you what they think you might do to make your house more saleable. Of course I am NOT saying you have not already done these things. Just a suggestion you might try.

This is the link but I am not sure if it is ok to post it. Hope so.

NEW: Get It Sold - Forum Powered by eve community

Chris

Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 PM

364 posts, read 617,967 times
Very few jobs up in that area without a sizable commute. That takes out a LOT of people looking.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:48 AM

30 posts, read 118,246 times
dude, you're screwed. Just hand the keys back to the bank and move out.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:15 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimg1126 View Post
dude, you're screwed. Just hand the keys back to the bank and move out.
That's some pretty terrible advice!

The last thing that a 25-year-old needs is a foreclosure on his/her record. If you're having trouble making the payments, talk to the bank that you have the mortgage with. Banks don't want to take back homes, so they might be willing to help you out in some way.

If you're not behind in payments or upside down, try raising the commission paid to the real estate agent. Instead of the standard 6%, try offering up 8% to see if that will get the ball rolling. I'll bet that will attract some interest.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM

30 posts, read 118,246 times
The bank won't renegotiate. Get real. The bank probably doesn't even hold the loan anymore. It's been sold off and repackaged into many different tranches and sold off to the Chinese.

[MOD CUT]

I'd stick the Chinese with the loss and move on with life. Chalk it up to an expensive learning lesson. Chances are good that it's not even expensive. He probably bought the house using a 100% adjustable rate mortgage and has none of his own money in it.

Real estate is getting exposed as the fraud that it is.

Don't expect anyone to bail him out of this mess. The scam is over.

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 11-13-2007 at 10:45 PM..

Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 PM

103 posts, read 447,092 times
[MOD CUT]
I've already said that if prices were cut in half, that would still be tooooo high, but anyway...
That was a good laugh. I hope he sells it before he they take it.

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 11-13-2007 at 10:46 PM..

Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 PM

40 posts, read 157,767 times
[MOD CUT]

Anyways I have been thinking of the California thing a bit. Infact i think that Nation Wide is a great idea. I am under the impression that my agent has done this already as i have asked him in the past. I may have to check with him again...
Anyways I am in no position to LOSE the house like jimg1126 thinks I need to do. So if worse case I just pull it off and get another agent in the spring at a different price. i just cant stop thinking that maybe I have it TOO low? Does that make any sense? I have had too many showing where people say that. But then another great majority says its is a perfect price

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 11-13-2007 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Be civil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho