Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 04:06 PM

445 posts, read 1,328,174 times

Advertisements

I've been around for more than three-fourths of 100 years. Those darn folding road maps we used to use were a pain in the....well, you get the idea. But, they were our only "GPS" tool. We'd open them up and lay them against the steering wheel while we were driving along, frantically searching for the address we were trying to find.

(Note: Don't text or talk on your cell phone while driving).

You know something. They were a darn-sight more accurate than the much-publicized Google Maps technology. Google needs to find and hire those old map makers....Oh, no good, they're probably dead and gone.

If you're looking for an address, let me know. I'll send you one of my many folding maps....now mis-folded and stuffed in an old cardboard box right here next to my much-publicized computer (which also screws up a lot).

pimit2(Bob)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 11:38 AM

11 posts, read 19,872 times
LOL. I have no problem navigating around with out Gmaps. Many nights of leading patrols through the Georgia woods with a map and compass have seen to that.

It's when I need to know where I'm driving to and google has an incorrect address that causes problems. Another example of this was the Big 5 sporting goods which for some reason gave on address somewhere in a Fernan Lake neighborhood on google maps.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:07 AM

446 posts, read 708,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Man...you guys make me want to pack my crap into the back of my Dodge, and hightail it out of Phoenix right now, lol! Sadly, I love my job here too much, and wouldn't want to give it up so easily.
I moved here from Arrowhead five weeks ago. I don't miss Phoenix, not one bit.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 PM

151 posts, read 459,561 times
It seems most people who move to this area are from California or nearby states. I would like to hear from people who moved there from Chicago. I'll post a separate thread on this topic.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:13 PM

159 posts, read 305,813 times
arcaneadam, So glad to hear your enjoying your move so far. I hope my family will be sharing on this forum sometime soon that we have finally been able to make the move to Idaho. We're currently in Kansas & have been planning to move that direction for several years now. We are getting so anxious!! I love hearing everyone elses experiences! Thank you for sharing!

Old 05-31-2013, 05:33 PM

181 posts, read 435,562 times
Glad to hear you love it, for me its like America but back in the 80's. CDA is a time warp of Americana, and I would never leave her.

I do believe Taco Bell and 1 other joint are open late on appleway in CDA. There's also a 24 hour donut shop in Hayden I do believe. Also try melts for the best cheese toasty sandwiches made and Wolfs lodge for the best steaks.

Moving here has allowed me to grow my business 10 fold and pay more to my employees and they can afford a better quality of life. It has afforded my family a really safe and welcoming place to call home.

Welcome home.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 PM

DEADTIME said:
Quote:
Moving here has allowed me to grow my business 10 fold and pay more to my employees and they can afford a better quality of life. It has afforded my family a really safe and welcoming place to call home.
Love to hear that, DEADTIME. I wish you and your family and your employees much success and happiness. You are home for sure!

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 06-01-2013, 02:56 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
DEADTIME said:

Love to hear that, DEADTIME. I wish you and your family and your employees much success and happiness. You are home for sure!

pimit2 (Bob)
How long have you lived in Sandpoint Pimit2? I moved here in 81' and have never regretted it one day.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:01 AM

I'm a newcomer, brokencrayola....Came to Sandpoint nearly 11 years ago. Like you (and many others), I have never regretted the decision.

pimit2 (Bob)

Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
I'm a newcomer, brokencrayola....Came to Sandpoint nearly 11 years ago. Like you (and many others), I have never regretted the decision.

pimit2 (Bob)
11 years is a good amount of time to be here. From the moment I first came here (for a short vacation) it felt like home, like I had been here before. I went home for 6 weeks to wrap up business and pack and moved here and never looked back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho