Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 03:31 PM

9 posts, read 34,688 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
The wife and I are thinking about renting an RV next month and getting a better feeling for NID for about a week. We came out there for a long weekend last November, and primarily stayed in the Sandpoint and BF areas. We got hit with some snow so weren't able to make it to the top of some of the mountain ranges.

We are planning to move out there in about two years, and my game plan is basically to just draw a line east to west from CDA and start looking north for property.

Ultimate goal: 5-10ish acres, place where I can do a little hobby farming / homesteading and shoot on the property.

So I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction for places to scope out north of CDA. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
It's not that we don't have any ideas for you--but your question is a bit overwhelming! Can you narrow it down a bit? How close do you want to be to which town? There are so many different areas, even within the Panhandle. If you want to do some farming you'll probably need at least 10 acres, unless you just want to grow veggies and raise chickens--but if you also want to be in real estate, you need to be somewhat close to a town. So you should probably be looking at finding a place no further from CdA, Sandpoint or Bonners than 10-15 miles, 10-12 acres, with a well. And how much of a distance from a county road are you willing to put up with in winter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho