Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 06:26 PM

90 posts, read 317,702 times

Advertisements

Putty - Are you still here? What criteria are important to YOU?

- KK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 12:24 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,784,892 times
Default Silly "Putty" has left the building for Kentucky forums

Karl, you can click on the posters' name and then click again on "Find all posts by xxx" to see if the poster has even been posting recently, or maybe they've moved their search onto another state's forum, etc. (heck, a few of them act like they were abducted by aliens and the aliens didn't want them and sent them back here to the City-Data forum !!!).

Or then again, they made be so happy in their new location, they don't want any of us here to know about it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Karl View Post
Putty - Are you still here? What criteria are important to YOU?

- KK

Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 AM

257 posts, read 1,080,683 times
I am still here Karl.........!!!!

I am afraid after researching ID, and CO that I cannot afford to live there, I was looking for a craftsman fixer-upper for $100,000 or less, square footage doesn't matter....!!
I have been looking into TN, and KY because they seem more affordable for my income, and easier to check into because of proximity. I don't know if I have given up on ID or CO completely yet.....LOL

Thank You for being concerned and checking in on me!

Old 02-25-2007, 12:17 PM

777 posts, read 3,196,256 times
Yeah, it probably would be hard to find a house for a 100K or less here in the west.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:11 AM

4 posts, read 10,582 times
I'm moving back to the States at the end of the summer. I've lived in Mountain Home, ID for several years during one of my duty assignments with the Air Force. I did not have the opportunity to live in Colorado Springs and work for one of the bases while active duty. My family and I love the northwest and rocky mountains. We are very much outdoorsy people and we've decided between Colorado Springs and Boise, ID.

I remember McCall being 2 hours north of Boise and a very beautiful drive following the Payette River and scenic byway. I remember Redfish Lake near Stanley being another incredible drive of 3-4 hours. It seemed like the Boise and Sawtooth Nat'l Forests were in your backyard. And no tourist! On most of my trips in I felt like it was all mine to appreciate.

I am afraid that Colorado Springs will not be able to offer the same level of remoteness. I do not want to wait for someone to move out of the way of my camera view before taking a picture. How accessible are the lakes, trailheads, and major rafting and back country areas in comparison to the accessibility of living in Boise? I am making my decision primarily on the accessibility of one place over the other, as I would want to grab my pack at a moment's notice.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:39 AM

171 posts, read 1,051,906 times
I spent most of my life in the front range of Colorado, but now live in Boise ID. If I was picking a city only based on wilderness accessibility, I would pick Boise for sure. There are so many more people in the front range of Colorado, and therefore so many more people on the trails.
That said there are some cultural aspects I prefer in the larger cities of Colorado, but for remote wilderness access ID wins hands down.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 AM

4 posts, read 10,582 times
I agree, so many people to share it with. I was looking at some topographical maps as well, and Idaho smoothers CO with wilderness.

Now to find a job where I can use my TS/SCI - anyone hiring?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:05 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,060,693 times
Idaho is one of several states I would consider moving too, though I would be very concerned about its having low average incomes since my wife and I would need good jobs that paid decently so that we could make headway on our student loans (they cost the same regardless of where you live).

Are atheists allowed in Boise or do they string 'em up? What about Jewish atheists? Is religion a real big deal out there as far as people's deciding whether or not they want to do business with someone or hire someone? Are there enough secular people to where it wouldn't matter? Would it be possible for someone like me to make it in business circles or at least in a professional services business that required referrals?

Old 03-08-2007, 02:53 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,209,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putty View Post
Has anyone lived/or been to both places so I can get a perspective or comparison on these places. I can't decide!

They both seem like places I would like to call home!
Not sure if you will see this as it was long ago when you first asked. I just got on this site as of today. I currently live in Boise now and lived in Boulder, CO when I was younger. I loved both places very much. I will say it is much more expensive to live in the Boulder metropolitan area than it is in Boise. Boise has had so many kudos given to it over the past few years. Best place to retire, best place for business, and just today, Most Secure Place To Live for large Metro Areas. Read my response under Idaho to the thread Good Suburbs of Boise. Maybe that will help you to decide. I have been here for 4 years now and just love it. The people, the quality of life, and access to such great outdoors are some of the things you will find if you move here.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:45 PM

22 posts, read 80,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahomama View Post
We live in Boise and have families on two sides of us that are LDS and they are just normal neighbors. No one has ever mentioned religion to us in the many social situations we have been in. I will keep a better eye on my mailbox though!!!!! LOL

Love the sense of humor! Wanna marry my 3 sisters and convert?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho