Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:45 AM

4 posts, read 5,696 times

Advertisements

I'm a newbie, its my first time posting here. I truly love to have good conversation with you guys in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 04:22 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Welcome.

Lots of friendly and helpful people in the Idaho section of the board. Ask away. Chat away. Hope you enjoy.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 PM

820 posts, read 1,738,864 times
Shhhhhh We are all mean Grinch's who hate newcomers

Old 12-16-2013, 08:13 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
Shhhhhh We are all mean Grinch's who hate newcomers
Whoops sorry. Forgot.

Perrycavacava, if you don't know the secret handshake you'd better move it along. Nothin' to see here.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:17 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
Where are your areas of interest? Idaho is a big state with many different regions and differences. There are many regional differences just in one state. Add more and we will offer you answers in a diverse manner. That is how we kind of roll here in the Famous Potato State. (BTW, that slogan is government required on the Idaho license plate!)

Old 12-16-2013, 08:29 PM

291 posts, read 438,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
That is how we kind of roll here in the Famous Potato State. (BTW, that slogan is government required on the Idaho license plate!)

I was planning on selecting the Veteran plate when I get there.

And welcome to the forum OP, these Idaho folks have been very helpful and I find this is one of the more civilized corners of the web to frequent.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:54 AM

4 posts, read 5,696 times
Thank you guys for the warm welcome, as well as to those people who are not so welcoming...

Old 12-18-2013, 10:25 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrycavacava View Post
Thank you guys for the warm welcome, as well as to those people who are not so welcoming...
Perry, you'll just have to get used to our style here! All the comments were either directly welcoming, or having a bit of fun. This is not one of the forums where nastiness is part of the daily experience. If you come over on the Front Porch you'll see that there's a lot of friendly kidding going on . You don't have to be in North Idaho to join the conversation. Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself!

Old 12-18-2013, 05:50 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Perry, you'll just have to get used to our style here! All the comments were either directly welcoming, or having a bit of fun. This is not one of the forums where nastiness is part of the daily experience. If you come over on the Front Porch you'll see that there's a lot of friendly kidding going on . You don't have to be in North Idaho to join the conversation. Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself!
For sure! The more time you spend here the better. Idaho isn't like the other 49 in lots of ways, and no question is a dumb question.
Welcome aboard!

Old 12-19-2013, 09:57 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Where are your areas of interest? Idaho is a big state with many different regions and differences. There are many regional differences just in one state. Add more and we will offer you answers in a diverse manner. That is how we kind of roll here in the Famous Potato State. (BTW, that slogan is government required on the Idaho license plate!)
pw72-

Really? I don't remember seeing that on the various plates. I don't really look for it either.

To the OP, welcome. I agree with others this forum is more civilized, or we value each other more as people, than many Forums at CDF.
I also agree with pw72. There are regional differences in Idaho.

Ask away...Someone or many will probably have an answer.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho