Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 PM

154 posts, read 308,491 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, it's been 1.5 weeks since we moved here and we're loving it so far. The weather has been pretty mild lately my son and I have been spending a lot of time out in the yard. Now we're looking to venture out more

I was wondering if there are any hiking trails in the hills around Post Falls? I'm up by hauser gun club

Also are there any areas that I can drive out to and get some target practice in pistol and carbine (not hauser gun club.. the neighbors hate them lol)? I know I can go to Center Target Sports but I like shooting outdoors if I can

If anyone would like to join me let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 11:03 AM

551 posts, read 798,261 times
Sorry I can't answer your question since I'm still stuck in CA.

But you might thing about changing your "location" from Burbank.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafretired View Post
Sorry I can't answer your question since I'm still stuck in CA.

But you might thing about changing your "location" from Burbank.
Done!!

Old 12-23-2013, 08:01 PM

I just went to the forest service office and got a bunch of maps. They said you can shoot anywhere on state blm and forest service land. I'm not sure how accessible it is in the winter but I'm gonna find out!

Old 12-23-2013, 08:22 PM

291 posts, read 435,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleeNY View Post
I just went to the forest service office and got a bunch of maps. They said you can shoot anywhere on state blm and forest service land. I'm not sure how accessible it is in the winter but I'm gonna find out!
Do they sell laminated maps there?

When I get up there I'd like to get off somewhere safe to practice transitioning to my sidearm. Most ranges don't allow that or even just drawing and firing from a holster. Nice to be off the beaten path and then make sure to do a thorough clean up afterwards.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
Do they sell laminated maps there?

When I get up there I'd like to get off somewhere safe to practice transitioning to my sidearm. Most ranges don't allow that or even just drawing and firing from a holster. Nice to be off the beaten path and then make sure to do a thorough clean up afterwards.
Yeah I'll definitely pick up my brass and any trash... Leave it better than I found it!

I want to practice stuff like that too.... Even drawing from concealment. When do you plan on being out here?

The maps are $10 for a color water resistant map and bw maps are free and are on regular paper

I plan to do some recon this week

Old 12-23-2013, 09:54 PM

Hopefully I'll be there in about a year. P.F. also as I'll be working over in Spokane most likely.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:21 PM

I took a drive out to the spot north of hayden lake. It was a beautiful drive but the forest road at the end of Hayden Lake Dr was *covered* in ice. I would have braved it but there is a pretty good drop off on one side so I turned back. I saw there were tracks from people driving out there with chains. I'll have to hit up walmart and get some.. I'm dying to get out there

Old 01-25-2014, 09:47 AM

Good to hear you are out looking but being safe about it, tumbling down a ridge wouldn't be good.

I really need to get to a range down here, I've bought two pistols I haven't shot yet.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:22 AM

yeah I figure with 4 wheel drive and chains on all four tires I should be good to go. I'll have to get a winch for my jeep at some point...

I did notice there is no cell service out there at least the spot I was in. If you got stuck you'd have to wait and see if anyone came by or walk out. The shoot spot is probably only a few miles down the trail if that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho