Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:52 PM

9 posts, read 13,290 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to the Panhandle area asap. We've looked at many homes and a lot of property. So far, many are almost right, but each one needs a little something in order to meet our wish list.

Subsequently, we are looking for suitable property between CDA and Sandpoint and a reputable qualified home builder that we can work with long distance while we market our home in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 08:39 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,471 times
Depends on what type of home you want built. If you want a rustic style, I would say Todd Stam with Aspen homes. IMO one of the top builders in the area. Also Corey Stach with Stach Development. Have you found the land yet?

Old 05-28-2014, 09:23 PM

Thanks for your reply Shaner. We're looking to build a contemporary rambler/ranch. Our design will be simple so the home will be functional and affordable. No we have not found the land yet but want approximately 2-5 acres....or more. Appreciate the information.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:59 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,471 times
I would say Corey Stach then. He has been building those in Downtown CDA for a bit now. Really a good builder. If you need help looking for land, you can pm me and I can get you some MLS data =)

Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 PM

69 posts, read 80,700 times
You might also look into Winterhawk Construction.

They seem to have a pretty good rep and are probably who I'm going to use when I'm ready to build.

Sandpoint Contractor | Custom Homes | Builder

Old 05-30-2014, 08:45 AM

Thanks all for your help with this. We are sooo ready to get the hell out of WA state. We really appreciate your input!

Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM

51 posts, read 127,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obansipper View Post
Thanks all for your help with this. We are sooo ready to get the hell out of WA state. We really appreciate your input!
Just curious where you are located in Washington and why you "are so ready to get the hell out"? I know why I want to get out of California, but I thought things were better in WA than they are down here.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:54 PM

148 posts, read 501,306 times
We had winterhawk build 2 homes for us and jerry did an awesome job.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:08 PM

294 posts, read 544,329 times
We design a lot of new homes in the area. There is a lot to consider when buying land. Make sure that the lot is a LEGALLY subdivided parcel and is a buildable lot.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl Kathy View Post
Just curious where you are located in Washington and why you "are so ready to get the hell out"? I know why I want to get out of California, but I thought things were better in WA than they are down here.
Cowgirl Kathy, I moved to WA from SoCal in 2003. It is beautiful here (I live on the Olympic Peninsula) but I am not a liberal/progressive and it's tough to live here if you're not. The politics are one-way or the highway so we want to move where our vote counts and it's not all 'mail-in' only ballots. The county I'm in does not support business so there are no jobs. The attitude of the area is "I have mine but you can't have yours". It's just backwards here and it's such a shame because this is a truly beautiful part of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: