Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 558 times

Advertisements

Hey! I understand thinking Cda is too big of a town. I am a massage therapist in Hayden, Idaho at Mending Muscles Massage Therapy. [mod cut] If you ever decide to move up, stop by and say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki2serenityLV View Post
I want to move to a small town in the area of CDA, but for me CDA is too big. Also, Sandpoint though beautiful is too expensive. So are there little towns that are adjacent to Sandpoint that are liveable? I have lived in a town of 2,000 or less so size doesn't really matter in this case, but it has to be a good town close to the lakes in the area. Any ideas on this? Also I am a licensed massage therapist in Las Vegas, is there a job market there for massage therapy or spas in general?

Last edited by volosong; 03-15-2023 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Sorry. Commercial advertising not allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2023, 10:41 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,106,410 times
Mending Muscles: When you look at these threads you might want to look at the date posted (top right corner). This person started posting this thread in 2007. Looking at the person's profile showed they haven't posted on City Data since 2007.

Have fun searching and interacting on City Data. Just something to consider though.

Old 03-16-2023, 07:49 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,150,656 times
Apply to resorts. Turnover for LMTs is high. Idaho is a very lovely place. Don't believe all the negative press. You do need to be able to cope with mountain life and winter weather to enjoy rural Idaho.

Old 03-16-2023, 08:34 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
A search didn't answer a question I have and really didn't want to start a new thread. So, I'm resurrecting this thread, since Hayden is mentioned several times in the posts.

My question is - does Hayden have a "downtown" in a traditional sense. An 'urban core' where you have a concentration of retail establishments, some local cafes, maybe the post office and city hall, etc. I'm not referring to strip malls and shopping centers. A city center that acts as the focus of the community. Or, is Hayden just a suburb of CdA?
There are shopping malls and there are a lot of businesses along Honeysuckle and even more so along Prairie both. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants. Businesses line the highway and Government Way. I can't think of anywhere that people would get out of their cars and wander around looking in shop windows like in Downtown Coeur d'Alene.

And back to the OP's question, real estate in Hayden tends to be more expensive than in CDA. Slightly less expensive is Post Falls and the least expensive is probably Rathdrum until you get out to the really small towns further north from CDA. But, then when you get further out, you get more land with the house and that brings the price back up.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:31 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Okay, let's put this in perspective: The OP has not visited this forum since 2007, like Ejisme said, and Volosong, our esteemed moderator, has lived in NID for years now! But of course updated information is always good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho