Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 08:47 AM

227 posts, read 382,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggrookie View Post
Sam if my husband had his way we would already be there! He has kin in the Bonham and Sherman areas. He actually bought a piece of property there a few years ago and sold it. It doesnt seem like there is much water there and it is so HOT like where we are now. Do you see much difference in your...demographics with the border issue?
I lived there from 1982 until 2011. Much of my family lives there and love it. Tons of jobs with high wages and low cost of living like I said. Also a LOT of cultural diversity, amazing food, red-state mentalities and freedoms, etc. There is PLENTY of water (you will never hear about shortage there). The heat is a downside but that is ridiculous about being too hot to ride horses! It is Texas for heaven's sake! Check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 AM

12 posts, read 22,716 times
Maybe I should have said we dont ENJOY riding them half the year here because it is way too hot. We are in upper 90s for a few months and for like 3 months are 105-115. Im done. We like to hunt, fish, ride bikes, hike, camp....all the forests are burning down here, you cant have open flames (no campfires, no fuel lanterns etc) ugh

Old 08-24-2014, 09:55 AM

138 posts, read 269,853 times
Quote:
Maybe I should have said we dont ENJOY riding them half the year here because it is way too hot.
I would completely agree with you! I have family outside of Houston, so I know what the weather is like there and I honestly don't know how people go outside their homes in the summer! When I was younger, we showed our horses in OKC in July every year and every year it killed me, and that was with Air Conditioned arenas! I think it was hotter in OKC, though (no less humid).

To me, Houston and NID are SO different, it's odd to even talk about them in the same thread.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Maybe I should have said we dont ENJOY riding them half the year here because it is way too hot. We are in upper 90s for a few months and for like 3 months are 105-115. Im done. We like to hunt, fish, ride bikes, hike, camp....all the forests are burning down here, you cant have open flames (no campfires, no fuel lanterns etc) ugh
It isn't THAT hot in Houston, and the forests are intact. I can't comment on enjoying horseback riding because I don't ride, but lots of people do.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:37 PM

[quote=DagnyT63;36216301

To me, Houston and NID are SO different, it's odd to even talk about them in the same thread. [/QUOTE]

I can't argue with you there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho