Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 04:39 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,363,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
If one wants to talk numbers, we could also discuss the CDA combined statistical area of over 600k; or how CDA has the second largest metro area in the state... Both of which point to how CDA issues vary from being general North Idaho issues.

A strong case could be made for dividing the Idaho forum into three subforums.

Seems kind of pointless tho, as the Mods like the forum how it is. I'm good with that.
I see your point, but Spokane is in another state. Off topic, but I remember years ago reading about how CDA didn't want to be included with the Spokane metro area because of the negative image Spokane induces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 04:43 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,875,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
I see your point, but Spokane is in another state.

heh heh: Living in North Idaho, I.F. and Boise might as well be in another state. Spokane has much more impact locally.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
heh heh: Living in North Idaho, I.F. and Boise might as well be in another state. Spokane has much more impact locally.
I'm glad you have to deal with Spokane and we don't down here in the most populated area of the state.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:14 PM

One major aspect of Idaho, regardless of the distance of the major cities from north to south and the huge wilderness area in the center of the state that separates us, is that all of the natural beauty from border to border, east to west, north to south, encompasses some of the most beautiful scenery in the western USA.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:00 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
I've had some people ask me to restore this thread. While we don't have plans to spin off a CDA subforum, I want y'all to feel you can say your piece about the idea.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:58 PM

Always even handed, thanks Sage!

Old 12-25-2014, 09:21 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Is it possible to turn the Idaho Falls sub forum into one for S.E. Idaho or all of southern Idaho? The geographical area is larger, but the entire southern end of the state has it's similarities, just as the panhandle does.

Changing I.F. into a regional sub-forum may increase discussion on Pocatello, Twin Falls, Rexburg, and all the towns to the south of Poky- Preston, Soda Springs, Monpelier, etc. It could also increase discussion to all the cities that lie in between Twin Falls and the S.E. corridor- Arco, Salmon, Gooding, Jerome, Buhl, Fairfield, etc.

As it is now, a stone newcomer to the forum sees topics that are mostly specific to the panhandle when they first take a look. And in my experience, most folks know nothing about Idaho cities except for Boise.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:25 PM

I think it could work to break up the Idaho into Panhandle, South Eastern, and whatever one wants to call Boise area down to the SW part of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Is it possible to turn the Idaho Falls sub forum into one for S.E. Idaho or all of southern Idaho? The geographical area is larger, but the entire southern end of the state has it's similarities, just as the panhandle does.

Changing I.F. into a regional sub-forum may increase discussion on Pocatello, Twin Falls, Rexburg, and all the towns to the south of Poky- Preston, Soda Springs, Monpelier, etc. It could also increase discussion to all the cities that lie in between Twin Falls and the S.E. corridor- Arco, Salmon, Gooding, Jerome, Buhl, Fairfield, etc.

As it is now, a stone newcomer to the forum sees topics that are mostly specific to the panhandle when they first take a look. And in my experience, most folks know nothing about Idaho cities except for Boise.

Old 12-26-2014, 10:31 AM

6,355 posts, read 7,763,619 times
No opinion on a NID/CdA specific sub-forum, but the tri-split of the state makes sense, (i.e., NID, SWID, SEID). However, traffic is so light on the existing ID forums that splitting at all is questionable.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:00 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,247,648 times
I will agree with BM, separating the forum into separate areas of the state actually makes sense, at least to me. Before moving here, and while researching the areas, I knew I wanted to move into an area from Pocatello north to Rexburg, just not sure of which city. In my case I had to look through the general ID forum and then into a sub-forum for IF and at first, wondered if that also included Rexburg and Rigsby or was it ONLY for IF and immediate suburbs.

And honestly I very seldom look at IF sub-forum at all and only on occasion I want to ask a question or possibly note a discussion under the main ID page that looks interesting (but that is only the latest discussion opened).

Being a newcomer to ID, I would understand SW, SE and northern ID, but wonder where cities such as Stanley and Lewiston would fit in. Should there also be a "center" area?

For ease of use, when a person clicks on Idaho, they get a map subdivided into the areas and you click on that map to enter the forum you want to read. Is that even possible?

It's just not the ID forum that can be a bit confusing. I visit the UT forum quite a bit and it needs some serious layout work also. But that is for a different forum....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho