Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 01:19 PM

446 posts, read 709,489 times

Advertisements

I tried the White House and thought it was a joke. 'Hi, we don't know how to be a good restaurant so we'll be a gag restaurant by putting TONS OF GARLIC IN EVERYTHING and wearing cute t-shirts'. Food was nearly inedible.

What a disappointment.

There's a Japanese place across the street from Super One which is pretty hit or miss. Mostly miss.

Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 02:49 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
LS35a, your views are directly opposite most everyone I know.

While I'm not a huge garlic fan and I don't care for their food, my family and friends LOVE that place. It's a matter of taste, my friend.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:45 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,915 times
If you don't like Fuki or White house, I got nothing for ya.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:06 PM

212 posts, read 308,885 times
I am a garlic lover. I found the White House to be much heavier in garlic than most restaurants (since that is their schtieck) but certainly not overwhelming to the point of being inedible.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:36 AM

227 posts, read 382,389 times
I live in Post Falls. Fuki is a total Benihana knock-off but is decent quality food. The White House is VERY salty/garlicy as you said.

-I think the best food in Post Falls is probably Famous Willie's BBQ, which is excellent:

Famous Willies Barbecue - Post Falls, ID | Yelp

-Capone's is great if you like pub food/pizza.

-Nick's Pizzeria is good if you like gargantuan New York style pizza, although I favor Capone's.

-Ricardo's Baja Tacos is GREAT if you like authentic taqueria-style tacos. The place is a total hole in the wall and looks questionable but the staff is very friendly and the food is authentic.

Ricardo's Baja Tacos
504 E Seltice Way
Post Falls, ID 83854
United States

Old European gets decent reviews but we found it to be extremely overrated!

Old 03-08-2015, 11:17 AM

446 posts, read 709,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
I live in Post Falls. Fuki is a total Benihana knock-off but is decent quality food. The White House is VERY salty/garlicy as you said.

-I think the best food in Post Falls is probably Famous Willie's BBQ, which is excellent:

Famous Willies Barbecue - Post Falls, ID | Yelp

-Capone's is great if you like pub food/pizza.

-Nick's Pizzeria is good if you like gargantuan New York style pizza, although I favor Capone's.

-Ricardo's Baja Tacos is GREAT if you like authentic taqueria-style tacos. The place is a total hole in the wall and looks questionable but the staff is very friendly and the food is authentic.

Ricardo's Baja Tacos
504 E Seltice Way
Post Falls, ID 83854
United States

Old European gets decent reviews but we found it to be extremely overrated!
Yeah, the Old European is not bad but kind of pricey for what it is. It has a lot of competition in the 'breakfast and sandwiches' dept. I think the best breakfast place I've found is 'La Peep' over by the river.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:20 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,847 times
Surprised nobody mentioned GW Hunters?

Old 03-08-2015, 01:52 PM

212 posts, read 308,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
Do you mean Nate's or is there a Nick NY style pizza also?

I was rather disappointed with Nate's. Like every other pizza place (excluding wood fired places) in NID, the pizza ingredient quality is very low. That used to be my only complaint about NID... no good traditional or NY style pizza.... at all. My diet has shifted to now exclude pizza so it's not an issue anymore.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:39 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Ivano's in Sandpoint is supposed to have excellent pizzas. A couple of years ago we were visiting friends who had bought pizzas for us, and they were the best pizzas I've ever had--but I don't know if they were from Ivano's.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:48 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,012,542 times
We haven't had the pizza at Ivanos, but the food we have had there has been fantastic. Not Post Falls I know, but if you are up Sandpoint way ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho