Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 12:08 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times

Advertisements

Many Ex-California Cops Retire To Idaho - Spokesman.com - Jan. 27, 1995

http://www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...o-so-many.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 12:55 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Wow, a flash from the past! 20 years ago. How time flies.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:05 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Idaho has long been a California Law Enforcement Destination...

Had several good friends move their when the 3000 homes were lost in the Oakland Fire Storm 25 years ago...

A couple of the nurses I work with also retired to Idaho...

Seems to be an exceptional place for retirees with means.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:53 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,471 times
The only time californians ever really bug me is when we get a big rain storm or snow storm and it is like they lost their minds behind the wheel.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:12 AM

4,503 posts, read 4,613,441 times
"Hate" is such a powerful and ugly emotion, I don't believe it's a word that one would want to toss around so lightly and carefree. Does anybody really believe that people from Idaho actually "hate" Californians, even if they do move to Idaho? If there are people who believe that, then I would say they have a very low opinion of Idahoans. They may not like it that so many Californians are moving to Idaho, but to actually "hate" the person because of that? Please. Save the word "hate" for extreme situations where it's actually deserved and it fits the emotion that the person actually feels in his or her heart.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 06-15-2015 at 11:35 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 07:39 AM

38 posts, read 76,534 times
I joined the Navy in the early 90's. Back then most of the "hate" was from California transplants. Not sure why, but that's a fact. I would come back here and there on leave and noticed it got better here recently. My wife is from California and she was real hesitant to landing here because of the hostility. She was re-assured by my dad and others that its really not as bad as it used to be. She got this way when we came up there for Christmas with California plates when I was stationed in North Island by San Deigo. Some white supremacist looking guy flipped us off while driving down the road. He was yelling at us. What a joke. I reassured her this was not the North Idaho I grew up in.

On another note: The property we are buying was owned by a Californian. He was the only person we talked to that would allow us to put a little money down to hold the land till we got back there and was able to secure a VA/FHA construction loan. This type of interaction I had with him is pretty typical of the Californians I have met or talked to that move up there. Nice and stuff.

There are bumper stickers here that say: " This is my paradise, not yours. Now go back to the mainland".

Old 06-22-2015, 05:41 PM

35 posts, read 45,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by javatom View Post
It would be nice to see a californian move to cda and start a company that employs people instead of the usual "law enforcement" transplant. I have met a few people that even moved their entire company to cda. They are usually quiet happy they made the move.
Not everyone moving here is Law Enforcement and some of us are bringing our companies with us that will be employing locals. We just don't all brag about it until it's all done.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:07 PM

91 posts, read 165,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
I am in no hurry to change out my plates, especially since I just paid the enormous California renewal fee.
Yeah, I got screwed by California DMV to the tune of $350 for registration renewal a few weeks ago.

Does Idaho DMV not recognize that?

If I get new Idaho plates in 2 months from now, will they still charge me the full money, or will they honor the fact that I just paid in July of 2015?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:43 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasucks View Post
Yeah, I got screwed by California DMV to the tune of $350 for registration renewal a few weeks ago.

Does Idaho DMV not recognize that?

If I get new Idaho plates in 2 months from now, will they still charge me the full money, or will they honor the fact that I just paid in July of 2015?
They will charge full price. It should be around $40.00. You will need to take some proof of residence to get them.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:57 PM

91 posts, read 165,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
They will charge full price. It should be around $40.00. You will need to take some proof of residence to get them.
That's fairly reasonable. Would you say it would be $40 for a 2 year old car? Or is that just for an older car?

How do I get proof of residency if I don't have an Idaho ID? I won't get my first electric bill for 1 month or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho