Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 03:50 PM

159 posts, read 305,813 times

Advertisements

It has finally happened! We loaded our 4 kids and 2 dogs into our vehicles along with all our stuff and have moved to CDA! A four day drive from Kansas. Unfortunately, we got all the way here and discovered the house we were going to stay in is unlivable. Our friends in Kansas own it, but haven't seen it in years. They knew it needed some work, so we offered to do that, but it needs way more than some work done. Almost all the windows were broken, the ceiling was collapsing, and the floor was rotting. We'd have to spend months just fixing it up enough to live in. Needless to say, we now have no where to go. We could use prayers if you're a praying person, or suggestions if you know of anything. With 2 dogs and our huge trailer its not too easy deciding what to do. I'm scared to say the least, but I know some how it will work out. Thoughts please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 04:13 PM

318 posts, read 436,400 times
Did you buy the house? From friends?

Are you in a travel trailer?

Old 06-19-2015, 04:16 PM

212 posts, read 308,704 times
That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear your new life is off to a rough start. My landlord told me yesterday that he will have a vacancy in July in one of his condos. I know that doesn't help you right now though. I'm not sure what you're budget is but a really nice place to stay a couple of nights while you figure things out is the spring hill suites off seltice. For a little bit less $/night there's a holiday inn next door. PM me if you want more info regarding the condo.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater66 View Post
Did you buy the house? From friends?

Are you in a travel trailer?
Our friends were going to let us stay there just until we found the house we wanted to buy. We just had no idea it was so bad. They had a list that a contractor gave them, but there was so much more wrong.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:30 PM

227 posts, read 382,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memomfive View Post
Our friends were going to let us stay there just until we found the house we wanted to buy. We just had no idea it was so bad. They had a list that a contractor gave them, but there was so much more wrong.
How long were you planning to stay there and where are you looking to buy?

Old 06-19-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
How long were you planning to stay there and where are you looking to buy?
We were needing to stay a month or two, because my husband needs a months worth of income from his new job before we can get a loan on our next home. Other than that we're approved. We're wanting to buy something between CDA and Sandpoint with a little acreage.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:07 PM

227 posts, read 382,226 times
check out resort property management in Coeur d'Alene or look on their website. You probably want to look for a vacation rental. otherwise put your stuff in storage and stay in a RV park for a couple of months. weatherwise, it's a good time you moved during the summer months.home availability wise, it is the worst time unfortunately.

you also might want to post an ad in Craigslist. I pray that your transition end up being decent.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:05 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
So sorry about the rough start! I have no additional brainstorm suggestion other than what has been suggested already, but do pick up a Nickel's Worth (free just about anywhere--look for it in the supermarkets) and see if there is anything listed about short-term rentals. It is available online, too.

If you're in a travel trailer, I suggest going the RV route. Good idea. If it's a UHaul kind of trailer, dump your stuff in storage and find a pet-friendly hotel for a week or so while you regroup.

Best of luck! Sending positive thoughts!

Old 06-20-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
check out resort property management in Coeur d'Alene or look on their website. You probably want to look for a vacation rental. otherwise put your stuff in storage and stay in a RV park for a couple of months. weatherwise, it's a good time you moved during the summer months.home availability wise, it is the worst time unfortunately.

you also might want to post an ad in Craigslist. I pray that your transition end up being decent.
Thank you Sam. We do not have an RV. Only a huge trailer packed with all our stuff. We did end up staying at an RV park last night. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to choose from because of something going on this weekend. But I'm thankful we found something with showers and a washer and dryer. Oh the comforts of home one takes for granted. We are planning to head up North to Sandpoint and perhaps Hope to check out anything available there today. That's where we'd rather be anyways. We're not much for bigger cities. We don't have a lot of money, but we need to do something. I appreciate your suggestions. There is actually a vacation property in Hope I'm planning to call on. If we can't get into a house. We will have to rent a storage unit. We can't keep pulling our stuff everywhere.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
So sorry about the rough start! I have no additional brainstorm suggestion other than what has been suggested already, but do pick up a Nickel's Worth (free just about anywhere--look for it in the supermarkets) and see if there is anything listed about short-term rentals. It is available online, too.

If you're in a travel trailer, I suggest going the RV route. Good idea. If it's a UHaul kind of trailer, dump your stuff in storage and find a pet-friendly hotel for a week or so while you regroup.

Best of luck! Sending positive thoughts!
Thank you Clark. I just have to believe God has something better for us. I know we're meant to be here, so something will work out. I tried to read Nickle's Worth on my phone, but that's a little difficult, so I will definitely pick a physical copy up. Thank you for the tip and positivity sent our way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho