Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 04:15 PM

151 posts, read 203,911 times

Advertisements

Good luck to you and your wife, Sierra Don! Wishing you all the best in your move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 04:36 PM

199 posts, read 316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Good luck! Is it in the Gleason/McAbee rd. area?
Hi mistyriver,

Yep it is, you sure do know your area and how to identify where a place may be located based on minimal info...road and drive time......very good...!!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.........

-Don

Last edited by sierra don; 08-15-2015 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: add additional text

Old 08-15-2015, 04:55 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Good luck with your offer. Being a weekend, I'd expect you'll hear pretty soon. Let us know how it goes.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Good luck with your offer. Being a weekend, I'd expect you'll hear pretty soon. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks volosong,

Just got done doing the counter offer thing, there was also another offer on it so I met the counter and offered a rent back to sweeten the deal so hopefully things will go our way. I knew that there was an offer pending when we looked at the property so it was kind of expected.

-Don

Old 08-15-2015, 06:27 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra don View Post
Hi mistyriver,

Yep it is, you sure do know your area and how to identify where a place may be located based on minimal info...road and drive time......very good...!!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.........

-Don
I lived in the area for almost 14 years. 😄 you drove right by my place on your last trip. It's not far from (hopefully) your new place. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Old 08-16-2015, 10:13 PM

212 posts, read 308,885 times
Any updates on the offer?

Old 08-16-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius4 View Post
Any updates on the offer?
Thinking good thoughts for him...

Old 08-17-2015, 08:37 AM

I should hear a response on the counter offer today.

My agent ran across a potential problem on Saturday whereas the home is listed as a 3 bdrm (and it is) but certain records he found shows it previously being a 2 bdrm but with the same sqf and does not see where any county permits were pulled to create the 3rd room. So he is going to work w/the listing agent to find out what the deal is.

Also it shows the home was originally built in 1930 but other places it shows as built in 1979.

My agent said that there could be problems with the county if in the future if I needed to pull permit for any future work, he just wants to make sure everything was done on the up and up.

mistyriver, I remember you had checked out a road off of Penensula Rd. for me after we returned from our visit in Feb., those homes are still available back there. We were going to check them out this last trip (3 off grid homes) but decided to rule them out based on access when it snows, not on a county maintained road, looks to be a forest service rd.

I'll let ya'll know what I hear from my agent, we are very happy with him, appears to be very thorough.

-Don

Old 08-18-2015, 03:00 PM

As of yesterday the house is off the market and is in a status of "sale pending", to us.

Mailed in my earnest money today and will be scheduling a home inspection within the next few days.

It's a happy day in the sierra don household today.......Idaho, here we come.....well maybe in a few months, gotta sell our house 1st and we are doing a rent back to the owners for at least a month, maybe more.

Last edited by sierra don; 08-18-2015 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Spelling error...

Old 08-18-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra don View Post
As of yesterday the house is off the market and is in a status of "sale pending", to us.

Mailed in my earnest money today and will be scheduling a home inspection within the next few days.

It's a happy day in the sierra don household today.......Idaho, here we come.....well maybe in a few months, gotta sell our house 1st and we are doing a rent back to the owners for at least a month, maybe more.
Yay!!! We'll be kind of neighbors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho