Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:54 AM

183 posts, read 278,198 times

Advertisements

I must add to what Toyman said. As a member of Priest Lake Search & Rescue, ( we cover all of Bonner County ) I feel compelled to post a few " save your life " tidbits :

Do not go out alone

Make/leave a trip or route plan with someone. Indicate area,route and time to get there/return etc.,even verbal is better than nothing.

Dress/bring clothes for what MAY happen,not just for the current condition.

Water,water,water !

Always bring your charged cell phone. You never know when a signal will appear,seriously.

Purchase a PLB,SPOT or SAT phone. PLB's are down to $230 and a SPOT is even cheaper but has a yearly subscription. SAT phones are starting around $500-600. Do your homework if you plan on getting one of these, but get one.

If I had to pick just one thing to have other than water,it would be the PLB. ( personal locator beacon ) It makes our job so much easier and saves so much time and guess work of where to find you.

Funny, not one of our victims woke up that morning and said, " today I will get lost/hurt/sick on FS trail #1091 and the overnight temp. will fall to 23 deg."

Plan like your life depends on it folks......because it does !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 11:06 AM

Lion.....many of the MVUM roads and ATV trails are the same both winter/summer. Go to Sandpoint Marine & Power Sports on Triangle dr and 4 Seasons up on US 95 just past the Hippie store. They both have the sled map. Once you have that I can give you the scoop on the "easy riders".

Old 09-26-2015, 08:36 PM

356 posts, read 520,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatin11r View Post
Lion.....many of the MVUM roads and ATV trails are the same both winter/summer. Go to Sandpoint Marine & Power Sports on Triangle dr and 4 Seasons up on US 95 just past the Hippie store. They both have the sled map. Once you have that I can give you the scoop on the "easy riders".
Thanks; will do!

Old 09-27-2015, 10:10 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
We had a nice ride yesterday, up the Bunco Road (by Silverwood), stopped at Gold Creek Lodge for lunch, over past Lakeview and to Johnson Saddle via the 278 road, and back via the 332 (Bunco Road/high drive). Nice ride with some amazing views. Here are some pics: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 10-01-2015, 08:19 PM

38 posts, read 76,534 times
Hatin11r, do you have to be a resident of Bonner County to be a part of the search and rescue team? I will be living in Kootenai if that matters.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:59 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,875,511 times
Elk River falls between Elk River and Bovill is an awesome, and relatively easy, afternoon hike. Here is the largest in the series of three falls:
https://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/...um/8254527.jpg

Combine that with a trip over to the giant cedar:
https://brandonmacz.files.wordpress..../image_12.jpeg

and digging for Star Garnets in Clarkia and you have a very full day.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...af3bd059d7.jpg

And don't forget a huckleberry shake in Elk River at Huckleberry Heaven!

Old 10-02-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidley View Post
Hatin11r, do you have to be a resident of Bonner County to be a part of the search and rescue team? I will be living in Kootenai if that matters.
We have members living near and far. What counts is your desire to help and be a part of the team. Check out: PLSAR.com for more info. The application process is listed as well as the contact numbers for more info.

Hope this helps. 👍

Old 10-02-2015, 02:03 PM

424 posts, read 580,329 times
Would like to make a couple of suggestions.
1. Do not travel/ride alone
2. Subscribe for an Air Ambulance service (about $45 a year for coverage (not nation wide). You do realize that if you do not have an Air Ambulance service and you are transported by air it will cost you in the neighborhood of $30,000.00 (no I did not make a mistake, that's thirty thousand dollars per person).

Old 10-02-2015, 05:10 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed42 View Post
Would like to make a couple of suggestions.
1. Do not travel/ride alone
2. Subscribe for an Air Ambulance service (about $45 a year for coverage (not nation wide). You do realize that if you do not have an Air Ambulance service and you are transported by air it will cost you in the neighborhood of $30,000.00 (no I did not make a mistake, that's thirty thousand dollars per person).
Are you talking about offroad accidents, or any kind of emergency airlift, anywhere? I'll have to run that by friends of ours who have an Urgent Care facility and who facilitate airlift services.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:16 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,875,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Are you talking about offroad accidents, or any kind of emergency airlift, anywhere? I'll have to run that by friends of ours who have an Urgent Care facility and who facilitate airlift services.
Any kind where they have to come get you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho