Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:05 AM

17 posts, read 84,572 times

Advertisements

I am not from that area, so I do not mean to offend anyone, but could the problem be that we are taking away to much of the wolves land and thus food?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:28 AM

382 posts, read 1,033,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay View Post
Ya know there are also a lot of cougars hanging around out there. My buddies horses both got bit last year. And a few guides I know in lewiston have lost there hunting dogs to wolves. The wolves issue will continue to grow until some one dies and then we will goto extremes and kill every last one of them!!! I think they have there place and the people responsible for putting them in the wild should be responsible for the damage they cause to innocent people and livestock...
Now I must be the most stupid person on earth. For writing what I wrote because no one here seems to understand what I wrote. Except for 4horseshoes who obiously can read a post and understand its meaning.

How long have the wolves been missing from Idaho? Did GOD reintroduce them back into Idaho? Did I mention god? Oh ya just now. I love it when people just make up stuff just to argue.

And until you have been face to face with a cougar and seen it look at you in only a way a cougar can. And feel every hair move on your neck with fear. I bet you would not fear one.

I will bet that beautiful wolf you might be fortunate enough to see will have friends unlike a cougar. And before you know it there will be two and then three and then maybe four.

Interesting that dogs attack humans in packs. Hmm and what are dogs related too?

And just so you all know I spend most of my time in the woods. 3-4 days a week. You learn where to go and where not to go..
Moderator cut: Keep it civil

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 02-03-2008 at 03:56 PM..

Old 02-03-2008, 02:56 AM

65 posts, read 282,605 times
Quote:
And until you have been face to face with a cougar and seen it look at you in only a way a cougar can. And feel every hair move on your neck with fear. I bet you would not fear one.

I will bet that beautiful wolf you might be fortunate enough to see will have friends unlike a cougar. And before you know it there will be two and then three and then maybe four.

Interesting that dogs attack humans in packs. Hmm and what are dogs related too?
This just proves your afraid of the world. When I was 5 years old we had a cabin in Copco Lake, Ca.(45 minute dirt road to town) and has my right cheek torn open enough my mother could have stuck her hand straight into my mouth through the hole, my right ear torn half off and bites in my back where the HALF "WOLF" half German Sheppard tried to carry me off and they assumed to have me for lunch. This was a neighbors dog I had played with many times before with no problems and the wild in it just snapped. Do I still have the scars to prove, why yes I do. Am I afraid of every freaking dog, coyote, mountain lion or wolf, "NO" that would be totally irrational. I have respect for what the can do if they so choose, although being a 6'5" ex-marine I would hope now a days I would give them a better fight.

In my young teenage years I saw many coyotes and encountered two Mountain Lions around the same cabin when I was out exploring as any young boy loves to do. The coyotes are really never any bother and the Mountain Lions did give me scare, but after I shot off my 22 rifle they left me alone and I always had my dog with me.

If your living anywhere near the woods, you're living near the wild and should be prepared for what can happen or get the heck out. It's a major problem with people like you who think your the supreme being and everything that frightens you in this world or scares you should be eradicicated. I've spent more time out in the boonies hunting, fishing and hunting and nothing has ever happened to me in the "wild" because I'm prepared for what's out there and love everything about it(good and bad). If one of those big bad wolves, mountain lions or bears OH MY ever gets me then I'm ok with that, it was my choice to go into THEIR habitat in the first place.

Quote:
And just so you all know I spend most of my time in the woods. 3-4 days a week. You learn where to go and where not to go....
The time your referring to in the woods when your on your nightly walk around the neighborhood or park doesn't count. Nobody who ever spends a lot of time in the woods(hunter,fisherman, hiker, etc...) or truly loved the outdoors would ever be speaking these words. I know, I know you think it is your God given right to go anywhere in the world without having to fear for your safety(god knows how you even make it to the supermarket at night) and if you don't want to carry guns, bear spray or whatever then either hire a bodygaurd for your little outings in the forest or go get your exercise at the local gym(it's your choice, YES you do indeed have a choice). You might as well learn to "LIVE" instead of being afraid of things that might or might not happen.

I apologize to the other folks for getting so worked up, but he/she and people like them are one of the major problems with our world(IMHO). Learn to live and let live with not only the animals but also the environment.

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 02-04-2008 at 03:41 AM..

Old 02-03-2008, 03:59 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Keep it civil, guys...attack ideas, NOT people...you've been warned.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:41 PM

382 posts, read 1,033,195 times
And vegas the only thing I think you don't understand about what I have said is, I am for wolves they are part of the forest. I am against just putting them out there without supervision and some kinda controll over them. They have no predators except for man..

And I am gonna have to cut your "Holy C$#P we agree on something!"
Because I can read between the lines lol lol lol....

Old 02-03-2008, 09:30 PM

28 posts, read 143,222 times
Hi ! Thank you for the info re: if u have knowledge of any wolf attacks.

I did not want this to turn in to a battle of opinions of what should be or what if's ..

" Just the facts" of known attacks..

so I guess at this point may we should close this thread before feelings, opinions, etc get carried away.

So to the moderators... unless you wish to let this thread open.. by all means close it..

Thank You..

Dee

Old 02-03-2008, 11:13 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Dee, thanks for your follow up post. I will close the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho