Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 10:04 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Sorry, I'm getting an upset stomach from reading the first few pages on this thread, so I apologize if this has already been posted. Idaho is not accepting any refugees.

Syrian refugees not welcome in 26 U.S. states - CNN.com

CFF, thanks for the link & map! I appreciate it!

Country

Old 11-16-2015, 10:10 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
CFF, thanks for the link & map! I appreciate it!

Country
Corinthians 13 as per your profile, Location.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...nthians+13:4-8

Old 11-16-2015, 10:13 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
Where does it say Idaho isn't accepting refugees? I did not see that in the link. The Feds have the ultimate decision, not Otter.

There are refugees in Idaho from many countries and not only Syria. Boise has a lot of refugees from various nations who contribute to the city.

Where did Banjomike 's post go? He hit the nail on the head.
I didn't see it in the article, either, but it didn't mention all 26 states. On the CNN map Idaho is marked as "not allowing."

Old 11-16-2015, 10:48 PM

332 posts, read 483,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
Where does it say Idaho isn't accepting refugees? I did not see that in the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I didn't see it in the article, either, but it didn't mention all 26 states. On the CNN map Idaho is marked as "not allowing."
Indiana, Louisiana governors latest to oppose Syrian refugees

After attacks in Paris, governors refuse to accept Syrian refugees

News from The Associated Press

As I said in the recently removed thread, this will be the latest salvo in the losing battle of states' rights versus federal control. Whether you agree with the states' or Obama's position on this issue is irrelevant. As long as the federal government continues to force its will across all states with impunity, local and state politics have no bearing on our realities as a nation.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:45 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple1975 View Post
Very good post Sage! It boils down to the absolute failure of the federal government with regards to allowing our country to be literally ruined before our eyes, whether you call it a lack of leadership or an intentional effort to ruin our great nation. In this situation, hopefully we can prevent its affect on our state by impressing upon our state officials to thwart these attempts to corrupt our state.

I think some people who do not appreciate the seriousness of this have just not witnessed the threat firsthand and just believe in some mantra of BS that was fed to them in college or via the media.

Time for people to wake up!
How do you have any accurate way to determine absolute failure of the federal government in this matter?

You just jumped off the board into the pool of "literally ruined before our eyes, whether you call it a lack of leadership or an intentional effort to ruin our great nation". That is your belief only, and can be disputed readily.

The thought that accepting refugees as 'corrupting' is also nothing but your personal opinion. it could lead one to ask if Idaho was uncorrupted before you arrived, couldn't it?

There's no doubt that this issue is serious. It's also likely that , given the very nature of being a refugee makes positive identification hard, if not almost impossible, for any all all agencies from the most local to the national and international, for ID to ever become certain.

A person does not need to go to college to understand that problem. And you jumped off the board again by accusing all colleges and all media are feeding graduates nothing but BS. One does not need to go to college to know that comment is nothing but over-broad nonsense.

And so is calling for everyone to wake up. I'm sure there is no one in this country who is unaware of this particular problem. After all, this is not new. Immigrants have been arriving from all over the world from the first beginnings of this nation, and will continue to arrive long after we are all dead and gone.

Immigration has always been a point of conflict in the United States. I think we are all wide awake on it, thanks, and none of us need any waking.

In fact, isn't 'waking up' the first thing a huckster says when he's trying to con a stooge out of a buck? It sure is. You might want to give that some thought.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-17-2015 at 03:34 AM..

Old 11-17-2015, 03:17 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Regarding your point of the wealthy Arab states. It seems that the wealthy Arab states (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, etc.) have refused the refugees They are concerned with terrorism attacks....

They do not trust the vetting process, they know their own people.....

A country destroyed by war like Syria does not exactly have accurate documentation, paperwork, etc. So, it is a bit impossible to verify who is who there....I doubt that the US or Idaho can handle such a task. There is not enough money or man power to do so...
Sorry. We are talking about Idaho specifically here, not Saudi Arabia or Kuwait. Or even Wyoming or Georgia. Your reply only takes this discussion wandering off into the same weeds the first one did, and it got locked.

The fact is, all Idaho or any other state can do is endeavor to find a way to partially assuage their citizen's concerns over hostile infiltration that comes from accepting refugees. We are big on common sense here. Common sense would dictate that if there was a terrorist amongst them, the refugees would be the very first to point him out once they found a safe place and could do it.
After all, they are the ones who are being killed by the hundreds daily. Not us. And not here. Half a world away is where the dangers really lie. In idaho's case, "half a world" is literal distance. Look at a map to see how far away we are from the fight in the middle east.

There will always be a remote possibility of infiltration. Reasonable caution should be taken. After all, these folks haven't been eating well, and God only knows what their living conditions have been like. I hope none of them arrive with typhus or something. That thought is more likely and more scary than believing some kid with a death wish and an oath made to ISIS, those folk's worst nightmare, is among them.

But despite our fear, reasonable or not, America is also a nation of mercy as well, and acceptance of the most downtrodden, especially when they are fleeing for their lives from war, seek our shelter.

Before we succumb to foggy undefined fear, I think we should pause and consider if we really want to change our most cherished traditions. You know, the ones that speak to the best of our natures, not the worst, the ones that are the bravest, not the most cowardly, and the ones the world has honored us for the most, not denigrated us.

There is always going to be a boogey-man, out there in the night. ISIS today, something else tomorrow. There is no way to lock them all out forever.

The Idaho I grew up in took personal bravery as a given in these matters. We confined and contained thousands of declared enemies of ours in the past- soldiers of nations at war with us, and our citizens didn't get loose bladders or shaking knees when those captives worked alongside us when we harvested our crops. Few of them spoke our language, and none of them knew a thing about our state when they arrived. All were sworn by a blood oath to do their best to cause us any harm they could, as well.

This is not the case with refugees from anywhere. Just like the soldiers of earlier times, they don't know a thing about this place or the people who live in it, or the language we speak.

But unlike the soldiers, you can be sure they are all damned glad to find refuge at last after months or years of terror and a life none of us will ever experience. There is nowhere in this state where some refugee has not lived for a time. There is no city in this state where refugees from other times have all departed, either, as some always come to know that life here is pretty good.

Plenty good enough to stay right here and become naturalized citizens.

Personally, I never hope to see the day when Idaho is so yellow cowardly as to fear these people with blindness and without reason or rationality. I believe that, even in the very worst scenario fear can whip up, we can handle it. We always have so far.
I found it amusing to read that a bunch of grown men armed to the teeth are afraid of some very weak and beaten folks who don't know how to even go across town yet. Those IIIpers are a brave bunch, you betcha.

But then again, who can say nowadays, with so many who are here so recently arrived? Witless fear seems to be easily carried in the luggage, it seems. I would hope folks throw it in the garbage when they unpack, as this is a most tolerant state when it comes to self-defense, but what do I know?

Maybe the land of the brave exists only in a song now. But not in the Idaho I know, just yet. Not that I have seen, either, except from a lilly-livered few who I've never met personally.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-17-2015 at 03:28 AM..

Old 11-17-2015, 05:34 AM

69 posts, read 69,762 times
Just received this from Rep. Heather Scott District 1

Rep. Heather Scott - District 1
To the Concerned Citizens of Idaho:
Recent dangerous events have overtaken parts of the world far away from us and are suddenly on our door step in Idaho: I’m talking about the impending influx of thousands of Muslim refugees. How do we demonstrate compassion to legitimate refugees who are escaping persecution, and at the same time work to protect our communities and national security from the Islamic agenda of domination and takeover?

It is important to keep in mind that Islamic immigration is different from non-Muslim immigration. Islam has a specific doctrine on migration called Al-Hijra. It teaches that Muslims are to migrate in groups to other countries as part of waging jihad. They segregate themselves into communities and grow until they are large enough to start demanding their “rights" and specifically Shari'ah law. As they also traditionally have more children than Westerners, their communities grow much faster, altering and then overtaking the character and culture of those communities.

This has been happening in Europe for some time and is now happening in America. Under the guise of compassion our current administration is dumping thousands of Islamic refugee’s across190 communities. in what can clearly be called an intentional invasion of our country. There is a clear agenda to change these communities from within.

Along with many local, state, and federal representatives I believe this administration, in conjunction with the United Nations, is deliberately flooding America with Islamic refugees while paying lip service to states’ resources and national security. Let’s not forget that the largest voting bloc in the United Nations is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), which actually has a hand in the selection of the refugees.
Governor Otter has taken a positive step in the right direction with his November 16, 2015, news release, but his language lacks the strong, unequivocal approach expressed by other states exercising their state sovereignty in the crisis situation we may face.
(Link to letter- Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter - The State of Idaho)

What can YOU do?
1.Educate yourself on the facts so you can educate your elected officials and others in your community. See the links below for information.
2.Call Governor Otter’s Office 208-334-2100 and:
a.Urge him to call a special session to draft emergency legislation to address the refugee crises.
b.Instruct him to fulfill his duty under Article IV, Section 4, to insure the safety of Idaho citizens should terrorist activity occur.
c.Instruct him to draft another letter to President Obama with stronger language similar to other states who have exercised their state sovereignty.
d.Instruct him to request a detailed report of anyone claiming refugee status in the State, to be approved by the State of Idaho before an individual is admitted.
3.Remain eternally vigilant.

Links to information and meetings
Refugee resettlement Information:
Local (Idaho): Treasure Valley Refugee Resettlement Facts
National: https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2015
History: https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...t-wilson-fish/
Upcoming meetings concerning refugee resettlement:

· South Idaho- Ada County Courthouse

Tuesday, November 17thfrom 1:30-3:00 pm. 200 W Front Street, Boise
Hosted by Idaho Office for Refugees, Boise’s refugee resettlement agencies, and many other local and state organizations. From their website… “Join the in building of community of support for transitioning refugees. Community Coordination Meetings occur quarterly and give all community members the opportunity to learn more about what’s going on with refugees in Boise.” https://neighborsunitedboise.wordpre...november-17th/ In August the Idaho Office for Refugees and its three affiliate agencies announced that 700 new refugees would arrive in Boise by Dec 31. This does not include the 2nd wave of all the refugee’s relatives.
· North Idaho: Sandpoint Community Hall

Tuesday, November 17th from 10:00-11:30 am 204 S. First Ave Sandpoint
Refugee Resettlement and & the Trojan Horse of Islamic Migration. -Al Hijra & Unveiling the True Face of Islam. Pastor Shahram Hadian will discuss the Refugee Resettlement program (especially in Idaho), the Muslim refugee agenda, and how it relates to Islam's ultimate goals. This event is hosted by the Bonner County Republican Women. Come early as space is limited. https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/1...n_history=null

Old 11-17-2015, 08:05 AM

271 posts, read 390,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

You just jumped off the board into the pool of "literally ruined before our eyes, whether you call it a lack of leadership or an intentional effort to ruin our great nation". That is your belief only, and can be disputed readily...
Thank you for your contribution to this thread Mike. I stated my opinion and you have stated yours. Obviously, we have a major disagreement on this issue. You often present very positive and wise perspectives on this forum and I applaud you for that but if you cannot see the serious need to protect ourselves from infiltration during this time then I feel sorry for you. I am very thankful that the majority seems to be more in line with mine as to the seriousness of this issue at this time in our history.

Quote from Idaho representative "Heather Scott" as posted by Kayaker6 above:

"Along with many local, state, and federal representatives I believe this administration, in conjunction with the United Nations, is deliberately flooding America with Islamic refugees while paying lip service to states’ resources and national security. Let’s not forget that the largest voting bloc in the United Nations is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), which actually has a hand in the selection of the refugees."

I'm glad she gets it.

Time to wake up people!

Last edited by Disciple1975; 11-17-2015 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: Adding more Idaho content.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,900,306 times
Vetting process for refugees coming to U.S.

BOISE- As the debate continues on whether to continue allowing Syrian refugees into the country, KTVB spoke with one who is already in Idaho and how the process to get here was a lengthy one.

"When I just came it was very very hard," said Asmaa Albukaia, who is a Syrian refugee.

Albukaia says the process to come here started years ago.

In the last several months 35 Syrian refugees, all families, have arrived in Idaho. Twenty of the refugees are children.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:19 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,876,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple1975 View Post
Thank you for your contribution to this thread Mike. I stated my opinion and you have stated yours. Obviously, we have a major disagreement on this issue. You often present very positive and wise perspectives on this forum and I applaud you for that but if you cannot see the serious need to protect ourselves from infiltration during this time then I feel sorry for you. I am very thankful that the majority seems to be more in line with mine as to the seriousness of this issue at this time in our history.

Quote from Idaho representative "Heather Scott" as posted by Kayaker6 above:

"Along with many local, state, and federal representatives I believe this administration, in conjunction with the United Nations, is deliberately flooding America with Islamic refugees while paying lip service to states’ resources and national security. Let’s not forget that the largest voting bloc in the United Nations is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), which actually has a hand in the selection of the refugees."

I'm glad she gets it.

Time to wake up people!
In my line of work I've interacted with lots of state level representatives, and a few at the national level. I'm usually impressed with their passion for the work, and the hard work they put in to represent their citizenry. I'm rarely impressed with their broad knowledge of various and sundry topics. My point: Heather Scott is probably no more an expert on this topic than Joe Sixpack, Keim, or Disciple1975.

I find myself most suspicious of my representatives when they tell me exactly what I want to hear, or resort to fear mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho