Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 07:40 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,356 times

Advertisements

You probably wouldn't know "class" if it smacked you in the face!?!?!?

Here's a clue: it is WAY MORE than just having money!

It's knowing when a situation calls for humility and not being a new-money, arrogant jerk! Most people living in Idaho now don't have a clue what "class" actually is, and they've managed to chase away the people who do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 08:18 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,009,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalsLOL View Post
Why is it when people have a dissenting opinion about somewhere, the board regulars come out and assault them, call them trolls, etc., and eventually the entire discussion gets erased? It's so annoying.
What's really annoying is when people don't spend the time to understand the tenor of the discussion on the Idaho sub-forum, and begin to spout overtly political views. It's not in keeping with the non-political nature of the vast majority of the discussion here, and as such shows a lack of respect for forum and those who are frequent contributors.

Dave

Old 03-01-2016, 09:21 PM

7,377 posts, read 12,657,494 times
Vandals, there's something you've misunderstood. We're not all in lockstep. Some of us are more left-leaning than others. Misty often supplies a liberal viewpoint, and nobody calls her a troll. She's a treasured member of this group. It all depends on the tone, and Kttam's tone is over-the-top rude. We don't call each other names in this forum regardless of how profoundly we disagree. Dave is quite right--it's all a matter of respect.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:33 PM

I think I, as a native, who was all but chased out of my native state, have a right to an opinion, as "rude" as some of you may think I am. You've ruined the state, taken away my voice and the voices of other moderate Idahoans, I think I am -- at least -- owed the dignity of being able to state my opinion here!

Old 03-02-2016, 10:29 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,009,759 times
Of course you have a right to hold your opinion. It may also be the case that stating it the way you have is rude and disrespectful of others here on the forum. Those are not mutually incompatible concepts.

I'm not at all sure what "the dignity of being able to state my opinion" means.

Dignity (n): the state or quality of being worthy of honor or respect.

Dignity is not something you are owed. It is not something given to you by others. It is something you either possess, or not. It is something you generally earn by virtue of your actions. There was nothing about the tone of your posts that is worthy of honor or respect. Obviously, I'm not the only one here who has that opinion. I think it's possible you could have expressed the same views in a different manner and received an entirely different reception.

Dave

Old 03-02-2016, 11:26 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,371,450 times
We welcome Californians here, my wife's 180lb. Newfoundland thinks they taste great. Plus they're mostly organic which works well for her allergies.

Just make sure you make a winter visit to check it out. If you can't run very fast in the snow, well, you're just making it easy on her.

Actually I moved here from Wyoming and the winters are much milder than I'm used to. But if the job opportunities for your hubby are in WA, you may look at the area instead (it's not very far, and no state income tax).

Old 03-02-2016, 07:26 PM

820 posts, read 1,738,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Thanks!

The real "trolls" are the Real Estate agents who hover around these boards and try to attack anyone that dissents from "It's such a nice place, nice people, nice this, nice that" because they are terrified of someone getting information that may influence a sale.
Im sorry but my "class" wont let me sink to your level and tell you what I think of your opinion. You want to talk about it and reference it, you should probably have some to begin with.

BTW, My job is not dependant upon this forum, I have some great people who contact me and I work with from here, but I work hard to make sure my name is said by people in a referral capacity.

I am happy you found somewhere else to call home as obviously here does not suit you.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
Im sorry but my "class" wont let me sink to your level and tell you what I think of your opinion. You want to talk about it and reference it, you should probably have some to begin with.

BTW, My job is not dependant upon this forum, I have some great people who contact me and I work with from here, but I work hard to make sure my name is said by people in a referral capacity.

I am happy you found somewhere else to call home as obviously here does not suit you.

If you had real "class" you wouldn't be shystering people into buying houses for a living. back at ya!

Old 03-02-2016, 10:48 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,361,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
You probably wouldn't know "class" if it smacked you in the face!?!?!?

Here's a clue: it is WAY MORE than just having money!

It's knowing when a situation calls for humility and not being a new-money, arrogant jerk! Most people living in Idaho now don't have a clue what "class" actually is, and they've managed to chase away the people who do.
Wow, still keeping it classy huh?

I didn't mention money.

I'm a native of this great state and I have class.
You seem angry.
And please stop screaming.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:17 AM

7,377 posts, read 12,657,494 times
I just read this interesting analysis: people who move to California often move back after, say, 5 years or so. Because:
1. They're broke
2. They can't find anybody who speaks English
3. Summers are too long and too hot
4. The nice meadow in back of their new neighborhood has become another neighborhood
5. It's illegal to water your lawn and your ornamental bushes and trees more than twice a week, so all the front yards are dead
6. The company that hired them has moved to Mexico
7. Mexico has moved to California

Just thought I'did share these totally objective and verifiable facts. Other than that, I probably won't visit this thread again. I've succumbed to the temptation to feed the troll, and I'm somewhat embarrassed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho