Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:52 PM

349 posts, read 1,036,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Good to see you post in jadbad2004. Were waiting for your to post in!!
Fighting with internet connection again lol. The one thing people need to consider when retiring to a small community like Salmon is the medical care is not as good and for more serious issues you have to travel to Missoula or Idaho Falls and during winter it can be difficult, some people just plan on staying in a hotel for the night vs attempting drive back with it being the Rockies you never know how bad a snowstorm can get but other than that it is one of the most friendly towns you will live, people are kind and decent and it is not without issues but for the most part it is a great place to live especially in the summer and fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 09:28 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,235,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post
Fighting with internet connection again lol. The one thing people need to consider when retiring to a small community like Salmon is the medical care is not as good and for more serious issues you have to travel to Missoula or Idaho Falls and during winter it can be difficult, some people just plan on staying in a hotel for the night vs attempting drive back with it being the Rockies you never know how bad a snowstorm can get but other than that it is one of the most friendly towns you will live, people are kind and decent and it is not without issues but for the most part it is a great place to live especially in the summer and fall.
Thank you for the medical information jadbad2004. Hope you get your internet connection fixed?
Steel memorial is first on my list to check into. I called them on the telephone last year.
They do take my Military retirement medical insurance. So i do know about that portion.
They also cover my basic medical needs. I do need see dermetology department doctors, which they have, for Melonoma post care check-ups. Good health generally. Will investigate more later on.
I will plan accordingly if i will have to travel for medical treatment elsewhere.
Scott

Old 04-28-2016, 04:00 PM

11 posts, read 17,304 times
I am taking your advice. Be in Salmon May 17 to 24. Bringing my fishing stuff and xtra cooler! Don't know where to start, got some ideas though. Kayaking , hiking, etc.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:49 AM

279 posts, read 483,058 times
Wonderful! The temps should be warming up nicely around the 70's by that time (at least they're supposed to - take it with a grain of salt) so the weather should be pretty decent. Are you staying in town? If you want to take a beauty of a scenic drive about 20 miles down Hwy 93, you should check out Goldbug Hot Springs. It's about a 2 mile hike up to the springs. Totally worth it! Williams Lake is also something to see. It's about 15 miles from town. You'll get a good taste of twisty, dirt road mountain driving to get there. So fun. Of course, take your pick on fishing. There are tons of little spots up and down the river off of Hwy 93. With the snow melt, the river has been running pretty high and fast the past few weeks and with another increase in temps coming up here, it's going to be that way if not worse for a while, so keep that in mind.

Make sure you get a burger and fries at Savage Grill and Bertrams has great food and ale. Rise and Shine Espresso has the best coffee and recently started serving delicious biscuits and sausage gravy. So good. Don't miss out on them.

Have a great trip and if you need anything, give a holler!

Last edited by mtngirlatheart; 04-30-2016 at 10:23 AM..

Old 04-30-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post

And mtngirlatheart, I would trade you in a heartbeat to be back in Salmon again living, I miss it after 4 years I still want to be there instead of north Idaho, and it is no offense but it just has my heart and my grandson
I'm still missing north Idaho, but I'm not missing the fast growing population up there. It is almost like two completely different worlds and there are things about both that I love but just in the time we were there, it grew tremendously and has only gotten worse since then. Any chance of you making it back down here again?

Old 05-02-2016, 06:31 PM

11 posts, read 17,304 times
I will be at Sacajawea Inn. You have been very helpful. Can't wait to get there.! I have a realtor to show me some places too.THANKS A HEAP!

Old 05-02-2016, 08:32 PM

134 posts, read 244,360 times
Love Salmon, however I wouldn't live there because the closest
WinCo and Walmart stores are 2 1/2 hours away in Idaho Falls.
That's a looong way to go for groceries.

Instead I live an hour east of Lewiston, and within an hour's drive
of the Salmon, Snake, Clearwater, Selway, and Lochsa rivers.

Lovin' it up here!

Old 05-02-2016, 10:12 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,389,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Thank you for the medical information jadbad2004. Hope you get your internet connection fixed?
Steel memorial is first on my list to check into. I called them on the telephone last year.
They do take my Military retirement medical insurance. So i do know about that portion.
They also cover my basic medical needs. I do need see dermetology department doctors, which they have, for Melonoma post care check-ups. Good health generally. Will investigate more later on.
I will plan accordingly if i will have to travel for medical treatment elsewhere.
Scott
Scott,

Send me a PM if you are still serious about Salmon. I need to update one part of what you wrote.

MSR

Old 05-02-2016, 10:14 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,389,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirlatheart View Post
Wonderful! The temps should be warming up nicely around the 70's by that time (at least they're supposed to - take it with a grain of salt) so the weather should be pretty decent. Are you staying in town? If you want to take a beauty of a scenic drive about 20 miles down Hwy 93, you should check out Goldbug Hot Springs. It's about a 2 mile hike up to the springs. Totally worth it! Williams Lake is also something to see. It's about 15 miles from town. You'll get a good taste of twisty, dirt road mountain driving to get there. So fun. Of course, take your pick on fishing. There are tons of little spots up and down the river off of Hwy 93. With the snow melt, the river has been running pretty high and fast the past few weeks and with another increase in temps coming up here, it's going to be that way if not worse for a while, so keep that in mind.

Make sure you get a burger and fries at Savage Grill and Bertrams has great food and ale. Rise and Shine Espresso has the best coffee and recently started serving delicious biscuits and sausage gravy. So good. Don't miss out on them.

Have a great trip and if you need anything, give a holler!
Hiya, mtngirlatheart. How are you doing? I've wondered about you and all things Salmon. Catch me up sometime when you have a chance.

MSR

Old 05-03-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghtznfsh View Post
I will be at Sacajawea Inn. You have been very helpful. Can't wait to get there.! I have a realtor to show me some places too.THANKS A HEAP!
Perfect location. If you're here and you need any help or have any questions, let me know. I usually check in here once a day even if I don't post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Hiya, mtngirlatheart. How are you doing? I've wondered about you and all things Salmon. Catch me up sometime when you have a chance.

MSR
I've been well! I will send you a DM here shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho