Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 AM

332 posts, read 482,785 times

Advertisements

Police search for N. Idaho church shooting suspect | KREM.com

Just read about this today. Shocking that the suspect had just attended services that morning. And only a coward shoots a man in the back.

I don't know if it's related, but Tim Remington prayed over the Cruz rally on Saturday.

My family will be praying for his speedy recovery, and that his family can find peace and comfort over this incident soon. Since the suspect seems to be well known, I hope he can be found in short order and brought to justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 10:57 AM

820 posts, read 1,738,864 times
It's either that or the fact he has had multiple allegations of taking advantage of women in his substance abuse programs. With that said, I hope he recovers and is back on his feet soon.

You're right though, only a coward shoots a man in the back, and I hope the suspect they identified, if he is the gunman, gets everything thrown at him as he is a former Marine and should have more of a spine than to shoot a man in the back, six times.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
It's either that or the fact he has had multiple allegations of taking advantage of women in his substance abuse programs. With that said, I hope he recovers and is back on his feet soon.

You're right though, only a coward shoots a man in the back, and I hope the suspect they identified, if he is the gunman, gets everything thrown at him as he is a former Marine and should have more of a spine than to shoot a man in the back, six times.
It's unfortunate that the character of the victim is in question, and that speaks to other motives that would be more plausible to me. The Cruz thing is likely just a coincidence, especially since that rally was held with about a 24 hour notice.

It also saddens me that a member of our armed forces could be pushed to this kind of breaking point. Somehow the system has failed everyone involved, including potential victims of the pastor's alleged crimes if that is indeed true.

Regardless of how good or bad this pastor was, this kind of incident only pushes more gun control talking points. As a Marine, Odom could have just as easily knifed him or beaten him to a pulp. The point should be that a person is a deadly weapon, not the instrument they choose to carry out their violence. But that won't be the conversation that eventually emerges.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:12 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
I've seen this in the headlines and hoped a thread had been started. Hoping for the best for the pastor who was shot.

This is a question to clarify not a political statement. Given what I've found online and heard nationally, my understanding is this pastor prayed with Ted Cruz at some point on Sat. night and that may or may not be part of the motive. Is that correct?

I don't care which candidate may have prayed with a local religious leader, I am physically ill to think someone would shoot another, in the back, simply because of praying with a candidate, in Idaho!! It sounds like maybe there has been a past substance abuse from what Shaner and aiden have posted.

I'm asking questions as I believe locals will know more than national news or sound bites from regional media. It sounds like for at least a few hours yesterday the pastor became critical (based on news reports), but then became stsble. I hope he has an uneventful recovery.

Thanks in advance for whatever myths you can end and facts you can share.

MSR

Old 03-07-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
This is a question to clarify not a political statement. Given what I've found online and heard nationally, my understanding is this pastor prayed with Ted Cruz at some point on Sat. night and that may or may not be part of the motive. Is that correct?
Ted Cruz made a last minute stop in CDA on Saturday starting around 1:00 pm. There was no indication he would be in the area until the middle of the week, and his campaign didn't commit to CDA until Friday.

Quote:
I don't care which candidate may have prayed with a local religious leader, I am physically ill to think someone would shoot another, in the back, simply because of praying with a candidate, in Idaho!! It sounds like maybe there has been a past substance abuse from what Shaner and aiden have posted.
Since this was a last minute thing, and based on Shaner's commentary, I'm suspecting that the motive was more personal in nature and had been stewing for a while. But obviously we're just speculating (which isn't always helpful). Hopefully we'll know more once he's been apprehended.

Quote:
I'm asking questions as I believe locals will know more than national news or sound bites from regional media. It sounds like for at least a few hours yesterday the pastor became critical (based on news reports), but then became stsble. I hope he has an uneventful recovery.
He was alert and talking with the paramedics when they arrived, and that's always a good sign. It sounds like they were able to stabilize him quickly.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:23 PM

207 posts, read 119,395 times
Regardless of the motive, I hope the shooter is brought to justice. I also hope that if the pastor is doing dastardly deeds with regards to his ministry, then he can get better and then go back to CA where he came from. If those accusations are false, then I wish him the best in terms of recovery and continuation of a righteous ministry.

Lastly, I hope the attention to this story nationally dies down and fades away real quick. The less national attention (good or bad) drawn to this area, the better.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden_is View Post
Ted Cruz made a last minute stop in CDA on Saturday starting around 1:00 pm. There was no indication he would be in the area until the middle of the week, and his campaign didn't commit to CDA until Friday.

Since this was a last minute thing, and based on Shaner's commentary, I'm suspecting that the motive was more personal in nature and had been stewing for a while. But obviously we're just speculating (which isn't always helpful). Hopefully we'll know more once he's been apprehended.

He was alert and talking with the paramedics when they arrived, and that's always a good sign. It sounds like they were able to stabilize him quickly.
Thank you for the information, aiden. I agree we need facts before forming opinions about the shooter. I also know you are correct that both the Cruz and Rubio campaigns announced their visits late in the week.

I think it was a Spokane-based media that reported exactly as you did the Pastor originally did talk and did fairly well initially at the hospital. Something must have changed later as tweets and even a national report stated he was critical. But he apparently was stabilized later and has continued to be stable since then, and I'm so glad. I hope he continues to improve.

I hope the NID posters will keep us updated as I trust most of the NID posters to know the accurate story.

We care in the southern part of the state about those in the northern part too.

MSR

Old 03-07-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skold View Post
Regardless of the motive, I hope the shooter is brought to justice. I also hope that if the pastor is doing dastardly deeds with regards to his ministry, then he can get better and then go back to CA where he came from. If those accusations are false, then I wish him the best in terms of recovery and continuation of a righteous ministry.

Lastly, I hope the attention to this story nationally dies down and fades away real quick. The less national attention (good or bad) drawn to this area, the better.
Hello Skold.

Perhaps I misunderstood your remarks. How come you would assume a pastor would be, "doing dastardly deeds?" I find that a very odd response and would ask you to post the link to support your statement.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

MSR

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-08-2016 at 02:51 PM..

Old 03-07-2016, 05:31 PM

207 posts, read 119,395 times
Quote:
Hello Skold.

Perhaps I misunderstood your remarks. How come you would assume a pastor would be, "doing dastardly deeds?" I find that a very odd response and would ask you to post the link to support your statement.
[MOD CUT/off topic]

MSR
Hi MSR,

Thank you for welcoming me here! I hope I will be sticking around for a long time.

Maybe my post wasn't clear. Shaner said, "the fact he has had multiple allegations of taking advantage of women in his substance abuse programs". Unless I read it wrong, I assumed it to mean that there have been allegations that this pastor has been involved in taking advantage of women, thus the dastardly deeds comment All I was saying is that if I read that right, and the allegations were true, then we don't want him in our communities. If I was wrong and/or the allegations are unfounded, then I wish him the best in recovering and continuing his righteous ministry in the area.

It may have been an odd statement, but while I am a believer, I have been witness of an entire church community that has been flat out scammed by a pastor who laundered church money and had sexual misdeeds with congregation members. No community needs that!

My post was not mean to offend, and I do not feel it was offensive in any way either.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I look forward to future discussions about our great state! and community

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-08-2016 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 03-07-2016, 07:55 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Hello Skold. It appears you're a new member here at CDF, or at least with this username.

In your opinion, what is a "righteous ministry?"

I look forward to your response.

MSR

I don't think it's an odd response if you had read the rest of the posts above his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho