Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:04 PM

853 posts, read 966,622 times

Advertisements

To all the cops looking to retire in North Idaho – WELCOME!! . My family and I have lived in the Cougar Gulch area of Coeur d’Alene for 4+ years and have really loved living here! The quiet nights (with occasional coyotes calling to one another) – seeing moose, elk, deer, the occasional bear, and turkey combing the yard has been a tremendous treat and let’s not forget to mention the star filled night sky!

Wanting to be closer to our children, we have decided to sell and move down to SW Idaho. Unfortunately for us, our buyers just backed out and now we are scrambling for new ones. Can any of you posting, tell me what sources you use to look for real estate here in North Idaho? Should I post on Craigslist? Where is a good place to post my 5-acre home so that law enforcement people might BEST see it?

TIA and Best Wishes to all of you in your search and upcoming moves!

wurd4wurd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 PM

993 posts, read 3,240,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurd4wurd View Post
To all the cops looking to retire in North Idaho – Where is a good place to post my 5-acre home so that law enforcement people might BEST see it?

!

wurd4wurd
Dunkin Donut's On Line adds

Just a little cop humor

Old 09-07-2008, 12:42 PM

853 posts, read 966,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Dunkin Donut's On Line adds

Just a little cop humor
Thanks, Desertryder - I enjoyed and needed the laugh~!!

wurd4wurd

Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 AM

19 posts, read 73,925 times
To the "Sage" and all the other Panhandle folks, I want to give Kudos. My wife and I just returned from a week in and around the lakes: CDA, Pend Oreille, and Priest. The people were without exception, very friendly in Sandpoint, CDA and all of the really small places nearby. At dusk we saw (and avoided hitting) more deer (esp. along Rt. 200), than we have seen anywhere else in our travels. At night we would drive to a very dark spot just outside of town just to see a star-filled night sky! Living in Cincinnati, this was a very rare treat for us. You all are truly blessed live in such a wonderful place.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:58 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,689,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkfan View Post
To the "Sage" and all the other Panhandle folks, I want to give Kudos. My wife and I just returned from a week in and around the lakes: CDA, Pend Oreille, and Priest. The people were without exception, very friendly in Sandpoint, CDA and all of the really small places nearby. At dusk we saw (and avoided hitting) more deer (esp. along Rt. 200), than we have seen anywhere else in our travels. At night we would drive to a very dark spot just outside of town just to see a star-filled night sky! Living in Cincinnati, this was a very rare treat for us. You all are truly blessed live in such a wonderful place.
My family all lives in Cincinnati. We live near Priest Lake. I wish they would come visit more often!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 PM

180 posts, read 745,644 times
Default Hello from Post Falls!

What an interesting diversification in posts! Most enjoyable to read .... and I've read the entire thread! Friends visiting from all over world, and enjoying North Idaho via the internet..... This IS a special place.

For all you law enforcement people the main reason I think for coming here, is that you can 'just be a part of the population ' cause we all accept you as people of character, knowledge, experience, and the most important: because you beome a part of our community and we know you will help 'anyone' in need.... just as we do. Not all new comers are so willing to participate in that manner.

Thank you for your service to our country (local and otherwise) and thank you too for considering North Idaho as being worthy of your living here. We appreciate it and we welcome you with open arms.

PacaLady

Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM

71 posts, read 402,269 times
Quote:
Are retired cops mostly moving to the panhandle? Or all over?
I live in SW Boise (Eagle to be exact) and we have two retired LAPD cops in our neighborhood alone. One of them has managed to talk most of his family into moving up here as well.

From what I can gather they enjoy the QUALITY OF LIFE that Idaho has to offer. We have four seasons, tons of outdoor activities year 'round, and much less crime. It's 'smallville' with plenty of modern amenities.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:16 PM

420 posts, read 1,189,654 times
My wife and I are going to be visiting Post Falls and I am looking forward to seeing Cabelas. We are doing a three week road trip through Idaho, Montana, and Washington.

Loking forward to seeing the area

Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 PM

993 posts, read 3,240,862 times
This will be a perfect time of year to see it.
Colors changing in the mountains but still not freezing cold.
Get some pictures for the rest of us.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:06 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,427,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
My wife and I are going to be visiting Post Falls and I am looking forward to seeing Cabelas. We are doing a three week road trip through Idaho, Montana, and Washington.

Loking forward to seeing the area

While in Post Falls you also might enjoy seeing the new Buck Knives facility.. They offer tours and have a store as well.. Its very interesting, and a neat place to visit if you like knives!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho