Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 01:03 AM

7 posts, read 16,015 times

Advertisements

So did a little research decided definitely not Caldwell I wasn't aware there was such a gang problem. I've heard from a few that if rural is what we want Emmett is a good place to look and I've also been thinking about Payette anyone have info on them? David got the job and the office is in Boise but they travel for work so I can really look anywhere within a reasonably short distance from Boise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 06:29 PM

515 posts, read 557,827 times
Idaho is great and very underrated IMO. While its too cold for my Texafornia butt, the summers are perfect for camping and hiking. Its just sad that in this day-and-age there are still people that think of potatoes and skin-heads when you mention Idaho.....

Maybe its a good thing that folks are still ignorant to what the state has to offer, and the media hasn't hyped it up yet. You don't want Boise to become a boomtown like Austin. The mass influx of people would really bring the quality of life down.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeRae View Post
So did a little research decided definitely not Caldwell I wasn't aware there was such a gang problem. I've heard from a few that if rural is what we want Emmett is a good place to look and I've also been thinking about Payette anyone have info on them? David got the job and the office is in Boise but they travel for work so I can really look anywhere within a reasonably short distance from Boise.
Are you looking to buy or rent? Renting in these area are really difficult. You might look in Middleton or Star, rentals may be difficult. Emmett is a nice area not far from Boise, many people commute, but again no rentals. Payette is farther than Emmett, this would add on to the winter drive, not sure what rentals are out that way. Payette may be as far as you would want to go. There is also Horseshoe Bend, but than again it is very small and renting may not be an option at all. Look on craigslist for rentals in these areas.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornraider View Post
Idaho is great and very underrated IMO. While its too cold for my Texafornia butt, the summers are perfect for camping and hiking. Its just sad that in this day-and-age there are still people that think of potatoes and skin-heads when you mention Idaho.....

Maybe its a good thing that folks are still ignorant to what the state has to offer, and the media hasn't hyped it up yet. You don't want Boise to become a boomtown like Austin. The mass influx of people would really bring the quality of life down.
One thing Idaho has for people moving, the very cold weather is not appealing to most people. Very few towns with rentals and work is certainly not abundant.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:29 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
One thing Idaho has for people moving, the very cold weather is not appealing to most people. Very few towns with rentals and work is certainly not abundant.
Yup.
If anyone seriously plans to move to Idaho, they will either have to learn to love the cold and unstable weather or come to terms with it.
And they had better have some money down on a rental and a job waiting here before they move.

A move is easy to make with none of the above, if a person is willing to face lots of hard times in the face. Some for a long time, others for forever.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup.
If anyone seriously plans to move to Idaho, they will either have to learn to love the cold and unstable weather or come to terms with it.
And they had better have some money down on a rental and a job waiting here before they move.

A move is easy to make with none of the above, if a person is willing to face lots of hard times in the face. Some for a long time, others for forever.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:54 AM

10 posts, read 10,262 times
I work with a lot of small businesses in Idaho, and I get a common complaint from them that they can't find skilled tradespeople who are willing to work. I don't know if it's a wage issue, an employee shortage, or what, but there are definitely jobs out there for the non-white collar workers. I can't say how they're advertised or how to get one, but I have had several people ask if I knew any machinists or truck drivers with only 6 months experience.

There are plenty of rentals in the Treasure Valley, but the competition for them is stiff. There are a number of rentals around me and they are never empty for very long. I can't speak to rental rates, but they're out there. Rural is getting harder to find. I used to be "rural" in that there were cows and chickens in town, horses in pasture out back, and the local law enforcement knew that if you wanted to catch that escapee, you got a bucket of grain. Now I am surrounded by housing developments, pastures and livestock are long gone as is the fox den by the irrigation canal, and my morning drive to Boise from Meridian has doubled.

You can still find rural if you're willing to go far enough out. Emmett, Payette, Fruitland, Weiser for sure. Nampa and Kuna have lost a lot of that rural flavor. Caldwell still has some. Caldwell's "gang problem" is nothing compared to big cities, but it's big for Idaho, and Caldwell is definitely getting more developed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho