Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 08:38 PM

9 posts, read 38,213 times

Advertisements

Back in the late 80's, there was a dance club just outside of Coeur d'Alene.

Right on Seltice way near the Post Falls exit, there was an extremely popular dance club. I remember it was on the south side of the street (standing on Seltice Way, facing east, it was on your right hand side).

Anybody remember the name? Trying to remember the name is driving me crazy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 10:44 PM

160 posts, read 252,044 times
Hollywood Nights ??

Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,273,774 times
Are you talking about Rockin' B Ranch Cowboy Supper Show?

Old 10-26-2016, 12:26 PM

TMH, nope, that's not it.
Elousv, nope, that's not it either.
I sure thank you both for trying.
The dance club I remember was the younger 20's croud, and the music was the standard "80's pop" music of the time (e.g. "Sly Fox, Let's go All the Way," "Animotion: Obsession," etc.).

To further pinpoint its location, it was about a mile (approximately) east of the Seltice Way exit. In fact, if a person was living in Coeur d'Alene, you wouldn't even get on the freeway, you'd just take Seltice Way and drive for a while, maybe 10 minutes or so.....

Man that was a happening place. I'm still going nuts trying to remember the name of it.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:50 PM

Grail ?

Old 10-28-2016, 08:50 AM

elousv.... Grail? I want to say a definite "no," because it doesn't ring a bell. But there's a billionth-in-one chance you might be right, so I thank you for that. (And thank you for trying.... if I had a shiny gold christmas tree star I would give you one right now!)

But I don't think that's right.

Here's some more details:
1.) The exact year: 1987 - 1988
2.) Dance club on Friday/Saturday had HUGE line waiting outside the door. Sometimes took 1 hour to get inside.
3.) If driving from Coeur d'Alene, was simpler to NOT get on freeway; instead, the best was to just hop onto Seltice and drive for about 10 - 15 minutes.
4.) Dance club had bar, served alcohol, but had not pool tables. The club was just dance!
5.) Pop music w/ occasional slow dance (again, like Animotion Obsession, followed by Madonna Crazy For You, type of music).
6.) Was on the south side of Seltice Way.
7.) Croud was pretty much North Idaho College students

That's all my brain still has in it :-) Hopefully all these 'clues' help.

I'm sure someone will finally suggest the correct name and I will jump with joy!

Thank you!!

Old 10-28-2016, 10:34 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Is this the right building?http://m.inlander.com/spokane/nashvi...on?oid=2373882 If it is you might try to talk building owner / manager to see if anyone knows about your remembered ancient incarnation. Or if is another area, try to contact owner / manager of a nearby long-time business to check their memory.

Two more places on Seltice listed at top here http://m.yp.com/post-falls-id/night-clubs
Could either of these be right location? Could use google maps street view to cruise around and try to pinpoint the location.

Last edited by NW Crow; 10-28-2016 at 11:20 AM..

Old 10-28-2016, 01:52 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
I love this thread.
Old bars never die.
They just burn down or change their names.

A thick coat of history covers every one of them.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:26 PM

I talked to one buddy that has been around for a while and the place that is now called The Grail (closed due to lost liquor license) did burn down in early '90s. Like you, he can't remember the name but he said it was college students. You might try calling the Shanty bar (208) 664-9590 which is close by. There might be an old timer that remembers the original name.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:28 PM

NW Crow: nope, those buildings don't look familiar, but I sure thank you for trying to help me think of the name (yep, it's like a former incarnation.... we just aren't supposed to remember them haha).

Elousv: I think you're on to something! So are you saying that the dance bar I'm trying to remember got renamed "The Grail" and then "The Grail" burned down? If so, that would explain why I cannot find it on any recent driving I've done there.

That is an *excellent* idea -- I will call the Shanty Bar, and see if any old timers remember it. I would think that a dance bar as popular as I remember it to be was some "serious competition" to other bars nearby, and those nearby bar owners would likely remember it! (haha -- or they will be like me, "Yup, I remember it! I just can't remember the name....")

Banjomike, I am loving this thread, too! It's like a link to my "good ol' days." Nowadays everything sucks. Back then, everything was rosy and fun and in a few years, I'm going to nothing but sit in my rocking chair all day long and daydream about the good old days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho