Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 12:42 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I know the kids in and around Idaho Falls made out like bandits last night. Had folks stopping in to restock their supply between 7 & 8 last night!!
I can believe it. Teens started in the afternoon without any little kids

I hope you have an easier day today.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 01:22 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,011,522 times
This was the only trick-or-treater we had last night. She didn't seem too interested in Butterfinger though ...

(Sorry for the bad pic quality - it was just a quick snap with my phone before she disappeared into the woods, and it was darker than the photo makes it seem)

Dave

Old 11-01-2016, 03:04 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I can believe it. Teens started in the afternoon without any little kids

I hope you have an easier day today.

MSR
Ha, who are you kidding? Setting up our Christmas sutff

Old 11-06-2016, 09:21 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
OH MY I had 4 SKUNKS, real ones, not kids in costumes on my front porch for Halloween. It is a good thing I had all the lights out so no one came. It might not have been good as the only porch exit for the skunks is out under the front gate where visitors would come in.

In our town they do a Trunk And Treat. Here it is held at the school and town people decorate the trunks of their cars . Line up and the kids go from car to car for their candy. There is usually more events like a cake walk and other games, food is also served. I know in Weiser the gal served chili and hot dogs and cookies and brownies. This keeps the kids off the streets. I think this is a pretty safe town but this is a tradition here and surrounding areas.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:40 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
OH MY I had 4 SKUNKS, real ones, not kids in costumes on my front porch for Halloween. It is a good thing I had all the lights out so no one came. It might not have been good as the only porch exit for the skunks is out under the front gate where visitors would come in.

In our town they do a Trunk And Treat. Here it is held at the school and town people decorate the trunks of their cars . Line up and the kids go from car to car for their candy. There is usually more events like a cake walk and other games, food is also served. I know in Weiser the gal served chili and hot dogs and cookies and brownies. This keeps the kids off the streets. I think this is a pretty safe town but this is a tradition here and surrounding areas.
Oh wow, skunks for Halloween, brings scary to a new level!!

Old 11-08-2016, 07:36 PM

447 posts, read 651,799 times
my home has always given and likely always will give a variety of hershey's bars but buterfinger is awesome

Old 11-10-2016, 04:27 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Butterfinger is awesome. I'm okay with that.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:36 PM

439 posts, read 357,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Do you know what Idaho's Favorite Halloween Candy is?

https://www.influenster.com/article/...state-by-state

Enjoy and Happy Halloween

MSR
Interesting, I would've guessed Sweet Potatoes...

Laughs at own bad pun

Old 11-11-2016, 04:31 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaOnTheHudson View Post
Interesting, I would've guessed Sweet Potatoes...

Laughs at own bad pun
There is a popular candy bar made here called the Idaho Spud. It's similar to a Three Musketeers, but looks like a potato with coconut sprinkles on top. The Owyhee Candy Co. has made them for 100 years.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:27 PM

439 posts, read 357,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There is a popular candy bar made here called the Idaho Spud. It's similar to a Three Musketeers, but looks like a potato with coconut sprinkles on top. The Owyhee Candy Co. has made them for 100 years.
...Sounds delightful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho